[REQ] Girls (1980) [France]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
lrnarbc

[REQ] Girls (1980) [France]

Post by lrnarbc »   0 likes

I can't seem to locate this film anywhere online.

Storyline from IMDB:

Three girls: Susanne, Annie and Catherine, just have finished high school and meet every night to have a good time in discos and bars with frequently changing boyfriends. Susanne's younger sister Betty often joins them and copies their behavior, believes everything they say. So she soon ends up with with projectionist George - although she doesn't take the pill yet. Written by Tom Zoerner

Plot Keywords: topless female nudity, rape, female nudity, teenager, clique

Thanks in advance for any leads...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Girls (1980) [France]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080793

Hmmm, this doesn't seem to fit into FLM. None of the actresses or actors is younger than 20 -- 16 is usually the cutoff age here. Are there kids 16 or younger who play any significant roles? By that, I mean they have more than just seconds of screen time and couldn't be replaced with a cardboard picture.

You might try the torrent sites, along with eMule searches. Heck, even YouTube often has full versions of these older movies. Google is your friend. ;)
lrnarbc

This line from the Storyline (Susanne's younger sister Betty often joins them and copies their behavior, believes everything they say.) seemed to fit FLM, but I can't verify her age; so, I'll move on. Thanks!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but younger doesn't mean young - my younger brother is in his 50's. :) Looking at the IMDb entry, the youngest actor/actress was born in 1960. I've never seen this film so I could be mistaken which is why I asked about kids 16 and under. They don't need to be major characters, they just need to be more than in the background. After all, most films have kids in them somewhere, but if they're merely in the background and play no real part in the story, the film really isn't a childhood movie.

Note that your post wasn't deleted, merely moved to the Verified Off-Topic section. Someone could still point you to a source, and/or if you or someone else can give corroboration this film belongs in the main section it'll be moved back.
lrnarbc

No worries. This site is a great reference!