[REL] Las elegidas (2015) [Mexico/France]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Las elegidas (2015) [Mexico/France]

Post by ghost »   31 likes

AKA The Chosen Ones

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4636042/?ref_=nv_sr_2

[Image]
The Chosen Ones turns on 15-year-old, Ulises, who is being groomed by his father to enamor young girls, tricking them into prostitution. But he falls in love with Sofia, his first victim, who’s just 14. To save her, his father demands he seduces a second girl, entangling Ulises in the world of juvenile prostitution that he was trying to avoid, from which escape comes at a very high price...
The acress Nancy Talamantes looks older than 14, but I couldn't find any infos about her real age. So I let you decide, if this movie is OT or not.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.26 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [53.2 Kb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Las elegidas (2015) [Mexico/France]

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:The acress Nancy Talamantes looks older than 14, but I couldn't find any infos about her real age. So I let you decide, if this movie is OT or not.
Well, most of the girls DO look older and off topic, but there's a girl in one of the frames who looks like she could be in her early teens. And the subject matter, juvenile prostitution, is a horribly fascinating subject. :(

I've collected a number of films on Human Trafficking and this looks like it might fit right into that collection.

Thanks ghost for bringing this film here; even if it's deemed Off-Topic it should make for an interesting watch.. :thumbsup

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

After watching the entire movie, I moved the thread to this forum. The actress (who should play the rhole of an 14yo girl) looks at least like 20 to me.

Anyway this is a pretty good movie, but doesn't fit for FLM.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »   1 likes

Talamantes, who was 14 when she was cast to play the film’s main character of the same age, was never given a copy of the script (the actors’ parents all received copies of the script before they gave their permission for their kids to participate). Instead, Pablos would sit down with her each morning and explain the scenes that would be filmed that day.

http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2016/04/ ... formances/