Confused

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
triviatus

Confused

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

I have been d/l 'Nezhnyy vozrast'. Over night the progress went upto 41%. In the two days since there has been no progress. When I looked into the emule folder, the file marked '002.part' showed as 1.5 mb (total file size) but the emule progress is still on 41% and has been showing 'waiting' for two days. As I am still a relative newbie would it be possible to give a run through of how an emule download works.
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Confused

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The "waiting" part may be because there are no sources at the moment or their queues are full. Since the last post in that thread was seven years ago, I assume there are probably only 1 or 2 sources (don't know if I'm sharing it right now) and if they get really busy or have to shut off eMule for awhile, you just have to wait. I've had files take more than a year to download before.

1.5MB or 1.5GB? Corsarace's file is 1.46GB. I'm shooting in the dark since I can't see your screen. I always have my eMule reserve the total amount of an incoming file to ensure there's enough space to download the entire file. Is that what's happening here? If you're sure 002.part is Nezhnyy vozrast and it's only 1.5MB, then something's wrong and you may need to start that download over (delete it from the queue then re-add it).
triviatus

Re: Confused

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

Sorry. My fault. I do sometimes get megs and gigs mixed up. It does indeed read 1.46 gigs
What time is it Eccles?