[REL] Chico the Rainmaker (1974)

donkeykog

[REL] Chico the Rainmaker (1974)

Post by donkeykog »   18 likes

[Image]

Chico the Rainmaker aka The Boy with Two Heads -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348899/

[Image]
Chico the Rainmaker was an English TV show made by Eyeline Films and the Children's Film Foundation. It was shown in 1974 on PBS in the USA, and broadcast in many UK cinemas in the 1970s and 1980s as part of their "Saturday Matinees". The show featured a talking shrunken head.
It was also known as The Boy with Two Heads.

A boy named Chris Page finds a box at a local antiques shop that contains an eerie shrunken head. He and his sister, Jill, inadvertently play a special series of notes on a flute and call the head magically to life. It reveals itself to be Chicopacobacowana, a 2000 yr-old tribal rainmaker deity from the jungles of the Amazon.
'Chico' had been taken from the jungle by explorers three years previously, and had been awaiting an opportunity to return to his tribe ever since - he is vital to the tribe both as protector and because he has the power to make it rain. The head had been sold to the antiques shop inadvertently, and is being sought by an antiquities dealer (Stanley Thornton) who knows it to be priceless.
Two thieves (Doug & Des) who had earlier attempted to rob the antique shop, learn of a cash reward that Thornton is offering for Chico, and they attempt to capture him. The series centres on the children's adventures as they try to help Chico and to evade Thornton and the thieves.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

This is the complete 7 episode series and as small a file as I could get it :D

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.68 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Chico the Rainmaker (1974) [UK]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

The shrunken head looks a lot like Freddy Prinze who was coincidentally in a tv series called Chico and the Man. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070975
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Chico the Rainmaker (1974) [UK]

Post by kev »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:The shrunken head looks a lot like Freddy Prinze who was coincidentally in a tv series called Chico and the Man. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070975
[Image]
I was thinking, 'That head looks familiar..' when I was looking at at the pix!!! :icon_biggrin2

You hit the nail on the head, phuzzy!

Many thanks for this one, donkeykog. Not only are you finding diamonds in the rough, but they also load like wildfire!! :eyecrazy

Your contributions are appreciated!!

kev.
OldFilmsRBest

Re: [REL] Chico the Rainmaker (1974)

Post by OldFilmsRBest »   0 likes

Where can a person find a file for this?
OldFilmsRBest

Post by OldFilmsRBest »   0 likes

Saw Chico the Rainmaker as a child in the 1970's and that crazy flute tune has occasionally whistled through my mind over the years...
The links in a previous post don't work. Can someone who has this seemingly unavailable show post an mp4, fvl, mkv, etc. I can offer you only my gratitude... Please and thanks.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I'm pretty sure I never downloaded this - just not my style. ;) Maybe someone else can reshare.

Incidentally, in case you haven't read the Posting Rules, pretty much everything here is posted using eMule. Look at Step-by-Step eMule Setup for instructions and help.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I'm pretty sure I never downloaded this - just not my style. ;) Maybe someone else can reshare.
Never even heard of this. Cannot find it anywhere.

Don't go quietly into the night.