[REL] Bella Martha aka Mostly Martha 2001

billanben

[REL] Bella Martha aka Mostly Martha 2001

Post by billanben »   4 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.40 Mb]

There is a remake in progress but this one looks to be the McCoy.

Plot Outline: When a headstrong chef takes charge of her equally stubborn 8-year-old niece, the tensions between them mount... until an Italian sous-chef arrives to lighten the mood

Preview here :-

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=630668

Review

The charms outweigh the clichés in "Mostly Martha (Bella Martha)." Of course it's right away different in that the phrase "German romantic comedy" isn't common and can be applied here.

I loved that "Martha" herself is a competent, self-possessed professional and that's what attracts the guy to her. While we first meet her in therapy, her problems are those of work and personal life I could certainly relate to.

While this will remind others of food prep movies like "Wedding Banquet," "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman," and "Tortilla Soup" or restaurant movies like "Dinner Rush" and "Big Night," (which all had male chefs), or "Babette's Feast," I have zero interest in cooking so cared only that "Martha" is very good at her job and at managing the restaurant kitchen.

The restaurant characters seem like real co-workers, and amazingly the niece is not some adorable child actor but seems like a real kid whose surliness is legit.

The Italian sous chef who comes on board brings the sensuality of the Mediterranean --in music (with a generous use of Paolo Conte songs), movement and language much like in the Danish "Italian for Beginners."

And of course in romance, which is still delightful even as the clichés start appearing, her happiness is indicated by her loosened hair like Jane Fonda's in "Electric Horseman."

But I enjoyed the build-up to their relationship in ever longer, longing glances and their mutual professional respect and concluding compromises.

enjoy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246772/
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Bella Martha aka Mostly Martha 2001

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Sound interesting :biggrin: