[REL] Ai o kou hito AKA Begging for Love (1998)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ai o kou hito AKA Begging for Love (1998)

Post by ghost »   24 likes

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.82 Gb]

I translated the chinese subtitles, too. The result was pretty good. Of course they are auto-translated, but Subtitle Edit with the Microsoft Translator really did a good job on it. If someone has some spare time: any corrections are welcome ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [70.2 Kb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you very much, ghost! I am now prepared for the upgrade, having just watched the Chinese-subbed version. I am especially interested in the machine-translated English subtitles, because I know I need some clarification of plot points. I get the impression that there is some dramatic revelation in Taiwan that explains everything, but as it is through dialog it is lost on me.

I was making my own attempt at using Subtitle Edit to translate the Chinese subtitles, and I got errors like this:

"Sorry, you need an API key from Google to use the latest Google translate.
Trying to translate without API key...(slow and limited data)"

And then it translated most of the subtitle file slowly but for the last 88 lines, cutting me off and telling me I had exceeded my limit! When I looked into acquiring an API key, it looked as if that was something I would have to *pay* for. Ewwwww. For a simple subtitle file??

Have you ever encountered this with Subtitle Edit? Is there a way to avoid it or fix it without paying blood money to Google?

I was much relieved (after I gave up) to log on to FLM and find you had dealt with the translation. FANTASTIC. I salute you, sir.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

"Sorry, you need an API key from Google to use the latest Google translate.
Trying to translate without API key...(slow and limited data)"
Google is the one to blame, not Subtitle Edit.
Since about one year an API Key is required to translate longer texts. Usually it is possible to translate one entire subtitle without stopping with this error. If you've reached the limitation, just change your IP ;).

In this case I used Subtitle Edit Online (https://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/Online) because SE on my computer wasn't able to display the chinese characters :(
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

flmwayne

Post by flmwayne »   0 likes

Many many thanks to ghost for the 1080p mkv and the english subtitle! I can throw away my old dvdrip now.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:Google is the one to blame, not Subtitle Edit.
I figured that, since Google is to blame for quite a bit.
If you've reached the limitation, just change your IP
It took me hours to figure out how to give myself a Fixed IP* to aid in emuling, and now I have to CHANGE it??!?!? Grrrrr.

[* There was some technical problem I had where after several hours my IP would change while emuling, and then I couldn't connect at ALL. ... I think ... I am kind of hazy on the details, I should keep a diary of these things ... Anyway, setting a Fixed IP solved the problem, and I have not dared to mess with it since!]

As it turns out, I was able to save what I had finished, and go back an hour or two later to do the rest. By then my Quota Limit had been reset.

Thank you ghost and emuler for your online translator suggestions. I will try them both in future!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Your fixed IP is only on the INSIDE of your house. The one that faces the internet is probably different every time you connect. Your router translates the inside IP address to the outside IP address and vice versa - that's its job. To change the outside IP, disconnect/reconnect to the internet (should work but not guaranteed), or use one of the free proxy servers - they definitely WILL change the IP address the outside world sees.
Night457
Global Moderator

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Your fixed IP is only on the INSIDE of your house. The one that faces the internet is probably different every time you connect.
"How?!Who?!Where?!What?!When?!Why?!How?!Who?!"
[Image]
:? :? Well, I said my memory was hazy on this! :D I checked my router settings, and sure enough the Internet IP Address is set to be obtained dynamically, and I just have my own personal computer set to a static address. Just like you said. That's what happens when I only seriously play with the router every 5 to 10 years - I forget things. Thanks for straightening me out.
To change the outside IP, disconnect/reconnect to the internet (should work but not guaranteed), or use one of the free proxy servers - they definitely WILL change the IP address the outside world sees.
I will try the disconnect/reconnect trick if I encounter one of those annoying Google limits again. I guess I should have thought of that.

I thought all proxy servers were paid. Who in the heck would offer them for free? What is in it for them? Wouldn't they just be hosted by organized crime setting up a botnet or stealing private data? Maybe even the CIA or СВР РФ?? I wanna stay away from those guys!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:I thought all proxy servers were paid. Who in the heck would offer them for free? What is in it for them? Wouldn't they just be hosted by organized crime setting up a botnet or stealing private data? Maybe even the CIA or СВР РФ?? I wanna stay away from those guys!
You just have no sense of adventure. ;)