Some eMule servers died

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Some eMule servers died

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

:icon_1dancingban :onfire WELCOME BACK!!!!! :icon_1dancingban :onfire

After I joined not all that long a time ago, I read many old posts and noticed that you were among the missing. (See, I look people up when I notice that they are no longer posting.) Glad to see you back! I am glad I pushed you into saying hello.

If you can remember which files you are getting from which people, you might want to pause all of them except for ONE per user. That way if you briefly lose the connection (whether because of your client or the source's connectivity issues), your eMule client should return you to downloading the ONE file you were working on, rather than switching to another. This is particularly useful when you are emuling from low-bandwidth users like myself. If you hop, skip and jump from one file to the next, I promise you it will take a long long time before you get to watch even one of them. I am HighID and connected ~23 hours a day, 6.5 days a week, and I have no plans to stop sharing my releases -- but you will have better download efficiency from me for sure if you force your client to focus on one file at a time.

I have noticed that even with high-bandwidth users like ghost or deadman, I can only get one file per source at a time anyway. This is fine by me, since I have limited downloading bandwidth too. ghost, jezevex and some other users will sometimes release multiple files in one day, because they have the bandwidth to handle it. I just load all the files I want into the queue in Paused status, and actively Download the one I want first.
Some users just got married and others are too busy with studies or work.
That seems a good enough reason for me. Sadly, some seem to have left because of personal conflicts with others on the board. (I am not going to direct you to the relevant thread.) I consider this a great shame, and hope they get over their aggravation and decide to come back and play with the rest of us kids. :) I miss them, even (especially?) the grumpy ones.
And yes, I like to change my nick from time to time, just for fun :P
OK, I am pretty sure I know who are are TODAY, anyway. It was kinda fun being paranoid for a while, though! :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Welcome back, yoko :)
It's always a pleasure to see old regs in here ;)

Well.. times are changing and lifes are changing. That's how things are... :(
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: I can confirm that at the moment I can see two HighID users sharing ghost's 2018 version of "Ekskursante (2013).1080p.5.1.HDTV.mkv" at 100%. (And one of them is ghost.) Are you connected to them yet? It looks like some folks are coming to your rescue.

At the moment for "The Lion and the Brave Mouse" I only see partial sources.
When I read this message I checked and I found that it automatically connected to another server and I always said so, check in case it does not start downloading and while the other movie "The Lion and the Brave Mouse" Since April 22, it has only downloaded 92mb.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

yoko wrote:In fact, I never use eMule search, but only download files that have been posted by trusted FLM members.
Welcome back, yoko. :D
All the servers in your servers list are automatically searched for sources for the files that you are downloading. This happens every few minutes.
Night457
Global Moderator

Sully23 wrote:"The Lion and the Brave Mouse" Since April 22, it has only downloaded 92mb.
The Vimeo link that jezevex listed in the first post of that thread still works. Can you get that instead?

Online here:
https://vimeo.com/230895132
yoko

Post by yoko »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: :icon_1dancingban :onfire WELCOME BACK!!!!! :icon_1dancingban :onfire

After I joined not all that long a time ago, I read many old posts and noticed that you were among the missing. (See, I look people up when I notice that they are no longer posting.) Glad to see you back! I am glad I pushed you into saying hello.
Oops :oops:

Thank you for the warm welcome, and for the contributions! I was really trying to keep low profile. Not sure when I have time to watch all those movies again, just wanted to make sure I won't miss anything :onfire
Night457
Global Moderator

yoko wrote:I was really trying to keep low profile.
:lol: :lol: Well that plan has gone out the window.

I seem to have this talent for getting people to talk, but not necessarily in a mean way. Maybe I should consider a career in law enforcement. *I* could be the one working for the FBI, suckering people into volunteering information they would rather not. MWAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA! :twisted: :twisted:
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

yoko wrote:just wanted to make sure I won't miss anything :onfire
In addition to a whole bunch of new films, many of our old favourites have received a FANTASTIC UPGRADE. deadman has been especially active in posting large file size versions, and ghost has done astounding work with AI based video enhancement software. I myself was AWOL for several years and came back less than a year ago.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote:The following servers are showing dead for me:
eDonkey Server No1
eDonkey Server No2
Today when I did my routine daily manual server update, I saw that the eDonkey twins are NOW BACK!!!! I successfully connected to eDonkey Server No1 just to be sure.

A quick Google check revealed no information on why they were missing or anyone complaining about it, so I don't know what happened.