[REL] De Club van Lelijke Kinderen (2019)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] De Club van Lelijke Kinderen (2019)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

President Isimo wants to get rid of all the ugly children, Paul is one of these children but he manages to escape and start a movement in an attempt to overthrow president Isimo.
The Club of Ugly Children (2019)

Youtube trailer with English subtitles.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

This is the feature film adaptation of the children's book, also made into a short in 2012, at FLM here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] De Club van Lelijke Kinderen (2019)

Post by Night457 »   27 likes

Screencaps from my DVDrip:
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

In Dutch with English subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [66.9 Kb]
Last edited by Night457 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   30 likes

:icon_party SUBTITLES! :icon_party

1080p upgrade found on emule.

Original Dutch language with optional English subtitles.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.28 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [66.9 Kb]
Last edited by Night457 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the upgrade! :)

Was it you, who did the translation? :think
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, Night457. I usually steer clear of foreign language films without subtitles, so I hadn't downloaded your earlier release.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost - G̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶n̶c̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

[EDIT: the subtitles I originally posted were machine translated from French subtitles and partly corrected by me. I have since found professionally translated English subtitles and replaced the subtitles in the previous posts.]

emuler - I am glad I got the subs so that you are willing to check out the movie! However, you should know that you are depriving yourself of some wonderful films that are easily understandable without knowing the language. I watched MANY filmed versions of Astrid Lindgren stories (Madicken, Ronja, Pippi, Bullerby children, Emil, Saltkråkan, Lotta ...) without translation and I was astonished how readily I followed and was totally engaged in the stories. Facial expressions and body language tell so much!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   4 likes

NEW SUBTITLES!!! (???)

What?

The subtitles I posted just a few days ago were roughly translated from French subtitles I had found. Believe it or not, when I was browsing through another forum today I happened upon a different 1080p version of the movie that contained professionally translated English subtitles, and even more annoyingly had been released 1.5 months BEFORE I first released my DVD-rip here, dammit! All that time spent searching for both video and subtitles over and over, and it was just sitting there waiting for me ... sigh.

I have gone back and revised my previous posts so that they contain ed2k links for these clearly superior subtitles, which include translations for COMPUTER TEXTS and for the SONGS!!! These are definitely the correct ones to use. I renamed the old French-translated subtitles in eMule and am still sharing them, in case someone has them queued and is not following FLM on a regular basis.

I was pleased to find that at least some of my 'corrections' were indeed actually correct, so the previous subtitles were pretty good, if I do say so. However, I hope some of you at least have not watched it yet, so you can enjoy it with the proper subtitles. Me, I'm gonna watch it again!

Here are the newly found, professionally translated .srt English subtitles synced in separate files for both the DVDRIP and 1080p versions in a .zip file:
Ugly Children.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
syrix

Post by syrix »   1 likes

Many thanks Night457, just what I was looking for :thumbsup
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Hmm, even though I swear I came across a movie with the same premise on imdb, I don't think I ever came across it or downloaded from here. Thanks for the 1080p file with quality subs, Night!