Internet problems

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] En Liten julsaga (1999)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:The technical term for that is contention ratio. India has one of the worst contention ratios in the world.
With 1.4 billion people in India, that is quite a large number potentially vying for Internet bandwidth -- so this does not surprise me!

I love being educated by the tech experts at FLM. When you and mimzy start discussing something, I know I am going to learn.
Night457, do you have a dish on your roof pointed up to the satellite?
No. I believe this is a cellular connection, but I really do need to look into the technical background of my service, even if it hurts my head. As it stands, my only understanding is Working vs. Not Working. Really. When I was young, I was able to set the time on my VCR so that it would not be flashing 12:00. Nowadays, my tech-capability is sinking fast.
You do have to deal with the effects of solar flares, etc. I suspect that's what caused your slow speeds recently.
Not trying to start some sort of political fight, but this DID happen immediately after [Country Unnamed] launched a missile to blow up one of its old satellites, leaving a trail of space debris orbiting the planet. Therefore, I have decided that is the cause. Post hoc ergo propter hoc!