[REL] One Night The Moon (2001)

loverboy

[REL] One Night The Moon (2001)

Post by loverboy »   11 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290794/
Australian singer and songwriter Paul Kelly stars in (and wrote part of the musical score for) this unusual musical, which combines folk and country influences with the aboriginal sounds of the Outback to tell the story of a lost child and the divergent efforts to find her. A simple farmer (Paul Kelly) and his wife (Kaarin Fairfax) are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl (Memphis Kelly). One night, Father tells the girl a bedtime story in which dreamers answer the siren song of the moon. Fascinated by the story, the restless girl wanders out of the house in the night to follow the moon, and in the morning her parents discover she is gone. After the father reports his daughter missing, the authorities put together a search party, including Albert (Kelton Pell), an Aborigine police officer with remarkable tracking abilities. The farmer however is a prejudiced man, and objects to having a black man on the search team, no matter what his abilities may be. Offended, Albert leaves the police force behind, and sets out to find the girl on his own. Soon, the girl's mother joins him, convinced that Albert's knowledge is more valuable than her husband's ignorance. Produced for Australian television, One Night the Moon received it's American premier at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: One Night The Moon 2001 loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 735.01 MB
Duration ........: 00:54:31
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1756 KB/s
Resolution ......: 688 x 384
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.79:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: ENGLISH

I would have liked a DVDR/iso to provide a top-quality rip of this highly unusual movie with it's stunning visual portrayal of the stark Australian outback & quite unique soundtrack but sadly, that's not to be at present. This exists in three internet places.........passthepopcorn (the site is down at present), TPB (filesize is only 384mb so I've dismissed that) & CG, which is the source for this edit. I've cropped out the crap, resized & given it a very light de-interlace to end up with something quite reasonable, but I would have still liked something better. Watch this!.......especially for those who like their movies AND their music. Don't be surprised if I (or someone else) upgrades this fairly soon! :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [735.01 Mb]

Don't expect to enjoy this, but be educated...........
Hieronymus

Re: [REL] One Night The Moon (2001)

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

This looks very interesting, LB. Quirky indy films with a unique POV are always welcome. Once I manage to rebuild my lost collection a bit more, I'll definitely be all over this one. Thanks! :bigups

- Hieronymus
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

loverboy wrote:Watch this!.......especially for those who like their movies AND their music. Don't be surprised if I (or someone else) upgrades this fairly soon! :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [735.01 Mb]

Don't expect to enjoy this, but be educated...........
OK, I will. Thanks lb.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Thanks again... really wish i had magicians thingy to make a timetravel into post-1 of june era.... ;)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i enjoyed it :thumbsup thanks loverboy

i did have to turn down my sub a tad, it was shaking the house :cool1
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks loverboy :heart

Never heard about that miovie.
relic