[REL] Amy (1997)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Amy (1997)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

With as much work as I KNOW ghost puts into many of his releases, I am glad that I can ease the burden for him even a little bit.

I look forward to the HD upscale / upgrade. I would be happy to watch this again!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   55 likes

It's done. And it looks pretty good. :P

Amy in HD:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.37 Gb]

The English subtitles with some corrections (thanks to Night457!):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [86.0 Kb]
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   0 likes

ghost wrote:It's done. And it looks pretty good. :P

Amy in HD:
[Image]

Amy (1997).720p.mkv

The English subtitles with some corrections (thanks to Night457!):
Amy (1997).720p.srt
Thank you for everything you have done
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Thank you once again, adg4ki. The replacement version of VTS_01_3.VOB works perfectly, and all my go-to software handles the files without error. MakeMKV quickly converted the 5 VOBs into a single glitch-free MKV with the optional English dvd subtitles. I appreciate that you took the extra time to fix it when you realized there was a problem.

So now I also have English subtitles in .srt format that are not quite so necessary now. They are timed to the full length error-free single movie file. (1h 39m 46s) They can be used if someone has difficulties with the internal dvd subtitles or wishes to translate the English to another language:

Amy (1997).srt English subtitle.zip
Now that I have spent today watching this wonderful tear-jerker twice, I will have to watch more MANLY films tomorrow, such as Predator or Scarface. :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol: This is a happy ending, I think, the ending makes me smile every time
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Now that I have spent today watching this wonderful tear-jerker twice
adg4ki wrote: :lol: :lol: This is a happy ending, I think, the ending makes me smile every time
I hope I did not give the wrong impression: I totally agree it is a happy ending! Those are the only ones that can make me cry. Sad endings are just real life, and I do not have the energy to cry all the time.

But when I called it a 'tear-jerker', I was mostly thinking of several scenes during the course of the film. Of all the scenes in the film, the one that gets to me the most (before the traumatic emotional breakthrough at the climax) is the midpoint scene, where mother discovers that her mute daughter DOES indeed respond to music and is able to sing. Mother cries with happiness.

Now I shall watch this for the third time. I started it up while typing. I'm ready now, I think.
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
Night457 wrote:Now that I have spent today watching this wonderful tear-jerker twice
adg4ki wrote: :lol: :lol: This is a happy ending, I think, the ending makes me smile every time
I hope I did not give the wrong impression: I totally agree it is a happy ending! Those are the only ones that can make me cry. Sad endings are just real life, and I do not have the energy to cry all the time.

But when I called it a 'tear-jerker', I was mostly thinking of several scenes during the course of the film. Of all the scenes in the film, the one that gets to me the most (before the traumatic emotional breakthrough at the climax) is the midpoint scene, where mother discovers that her mute daughter DOES indeed respond to music and is able to sing. Mother cries with happiness.

Now I shall watch this for the third time. I started it up while typing. I'm ready now, I think.
Yes, I know you, I have the same feeling. I wonder if there are other films can touch my heart like this
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks to adg4ki for the quality share an to Night for the sub-works, and to ghost for the upscale and to everyone else involved! I am looking forward to watching this in its full glory with all the hard work already done!