[REL] Robinsonka (1974)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Robinsonka (1974)

Post by pillowbaker »   18 likes

Robinsonka. This one remained elusive to me during my internet scourges for COA movies that would be considered obscure, at least to where I'm from. Not sure if anyone has already found this, but recently I discovered a youtube link with the film in 1080p. The source image does not look to be 1080p, however the video quality does look good enough, though there is a watermark. No subs, but it seems to be in the original language (lips synch up well enough, but it does seem to have the redub effect, which wasn't uncommon even when dubbing in original language). Any Czech speakers or someone more knowledgeable than me able to verify?

A cursory glace for anything sub related comes up with nothing. Anyone have any info? I haven't watched this yet but it looks like it might be good.

I've downloaded the video using yt-dl.

Youtube link

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.59 Gb]

EDIT: I apparently had found a higher quality download of this, most likely from uloz. The source appears to be from the same original source (has the same watermark) as used for the YT video, however, this one is noticeably higher quality. eMule links replaced.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Cool, thanks! This movie is new to me.

I am no Czech speaker but it sounds much more like Czech to me than a German or Russian dub! It also has the familiar Czech television channel 1 ( ČT1 ) watermark.
Spoiler:

[Image]
I agree that it sounds like post-synch dubbing, which was the norm for many (most?) nation's films of the era, probably many still. Hollywood has long loved live sound. Such effort is expended making things Quiet On the Set for live-sound filming when the post-synch method avoids the problem entirely.

The Czech films I am generally interested in rarely have any subtitles, and I am used to it. I did not find any for this.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   30 likes

Yeah I've had the same experience with the Czech, Slovak, Lithuanian, Latvia, etc films. Able to discover many great looking movies, so many I can hardly keep my focus. But the subs only come occasionally. I suppose it's better than finding out the only copy has a gnarly Russian overdub.

But the shear quantity of these delightful Czech/surrounding area classics is dumbfounding. There must have been something in the water, particularly between the 60s through the 80s. I found several others from that region that I grabbed along the way. I believe most are shared here, some with subs, some without:
Paradize.89
balkonas
cekani na dest
Dívka s mušlí (this one looks especially interesting)
Grazuole (this one too)
Kam doskace ranni ptac (possibly not shared here)
Sojky v hlave

EDIT: I found a higher quality file of Robinsonka, most likely from the same original source as it bears the same watermark. I think it came from uloz (I downloaded it some weeks ago). I've replaced the eMule links in my post above. Sorry, Night, I know you probably downloaded the other one. :?

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.59 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I will NEVER forgive you! :twisted: Just kidding. I have multiple copies of lots of films, and I have started the 2nd of this one.
pillowbaker wrote:Kam doskace ranni ptac (possibly not shared here)
I do not see it here but it is in 1080p at ulozto.net, with multiple subtitles of varying languages - and machine-translated English at opensubtitles. I'll pick it up sometime.

As for the other great films, I am picking up the two I don't already have. Thanks for the recommendations!