[REL] Novemberkatzen (1986)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Novemberkatzen (1986)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

IMDB lists the film length as 104 minutes, so the 100 minute version would be correct accounting for a PAL speedup of 4%. What I want to know, is anyone else getting a silent playback??? It fails for me in both VLC and MPC. The MP3 audio is there but I have no sound! (Windows Media Player plays the sound but the video is at high speed?!?!?) Before I go crazy trying to fix it, my media player or my system I wanted to check if others actually have sound. My download may be corrupt, as my emule crapped out with some errors during the downloading.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Before I go crazy trying to fix it, my media player or my system I wanted to check if others actually have sound. My download may be corrupt, as my emule crapped out with some errors during the downloading.
Actually you're right, my copy of the 739mb file posted by Phuzzy in 2016 also has no sound in VLC. The 1.29gb file has perfect sound but missing the credits. I also figured the PAL speedup would be a factor of both uploads as this was never released on DVD, right? Wouldn't both releases be PAL? I was considering that the 1.29gb file may have some scenes edited but I won't jump to conclusions. There are a few scenes I noticed in the 739mb file that would be good candidates for cutting if that's the case. I'll cross reference those scenes together just to be sure.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   74 likes

So the 100 minute emule version "Novemberkatzen (1986).avi" has no sound that plays. Eventually I noticed in Windows File Explorer that it has a length of 1119:20:13 ! That suggested a broken index to me, but my avi index fixer did not find any errors. The video occasionally has a white band that flickers briefly in the center of the screen, but otherwise it looks good. For flicker compare image on RIGHT below:
[Image][Image]
I used Avidemux to convert the MP3 audio to AAC, and then I had VERY LOUD SOUND, enough that it was distorted. I ditched that and reconverted the original at 5dB lower, and converted the Divx video to X264 because my blu-ray player will not play Divx. I am emuling this version at the bottom of the post. (It is still loud.)

Uloz has two versions at 97.5 minutes. They look like they are from a different source than the 100 minute version. I think that of the two, the AVI is original and the MP4 is processed from it. They are shorter than the 100 minute version because they run slightly faster (a tiny fraction) and the end credits are cut off. I do not think any other footage is missing.

The 93.5 minute emule version "Novemberkatzen (1986).mkv" is I believe another version processed from the 97.5 minute AVI, this time even faster. I do not think that it is missing anything other than the lopped-off end credits. All 3 of the shorter versions have quieter audio.

The three shorter versions are also in roughly 1.64 widescreen because the top and bottom are slightly trimmed AND the image is slightly stretched, making everyone look well-fed. It also has boosted red values. Compare the images below.

LEFT: 100 minute version._______RIGHT: 93.5 minute version.
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

100 minute 688x508 25fps with audible German language:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [642.63 Mb]