[REL] Høyere enn himmelen (1993)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Høyere enn himmelen (1993)

Post by pillowbaker »   27 likes

ghost wrote:[A stubborn girl of roughly thirteen years befriends an elderly woman just as mule-headed as herself. The two end up on a quest for love which teaches them the value of friendship. Nicely done but bound to be best appreciated by those familiar with its language.

Same movie in german language ripped from TV:

Höher als der Himmel.TV Rip
Hey ghost, I found this on emule:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.96 Gb]

It has a naming scheme I've come to associate with your releases. Is this your creation? It appears to be the best quality video I've been able to find for this movie. You see, this movie is highly interesting to me. I quite enjoy the sassy young girl characters in some COA films and this one hits the spot for me. (They still intimidate me in RL though.) I've watched the first few minutes and I've decided I would like to try to take on a muxing project and add Norwegian audio to the file. If this is your creation, you mind if I give it a try? Never tried it before, but I think I'm gonna love this movie.

Worst case scenario, if I can't figure it out, I'll run two instances of vlc, mute one, and try to line them up while I try to watch it. (just tried it, it sucked, but I'll do it!)

[Image]
Just look at her, looks like a bird poohed on her face, I love it!

[Image]
First day of school and it's biker sleeves! Ya think I'm gonna wear the dress my annoying little brother ironed for me to suck up to mom?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Muxing can be fun if the audio for the movie can be lined up (not two different edits or two different frame rates). I promise you I have "stolen" ghost's files several times for my audio remuxes, always without permission. I figure free is free. It's open source! But giving credit for the stolen source is polite, so I understand your asking.
pillowbaker wrote:Worst case scenario, if I can't figure it out, I'll run two instances of vlc, mute one, and try to line them up while I try to watch it. (just tried it, it sucked, but I'll do it!)
Ewww yuck! Playing a video in VLC with audio from another file is easy. Check the instructions with screenshots here:

https://www.videoproc.com/troubleshoot- ... eo-vlc.htm

I have only done this for playback. I don't use VLC to save videos. Tools / Track syncronization in VLC can be used for resynching the audio.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Ha ha the poor man's muxing! :mrgreen:
Night457 wrote:Muxing can be fun if the audio for the movie can be lined up (not two different edits or two different frame rates).
https://www.videoproc.com/troubleshoot- ... eo-vlc.htm
I have only done this for playback. I don't use VLC to save videos. Tools / Track syncronization in VLC can be used for resynching the audio.
Thanks Night! Ok I read through the link you posted and, just so I understand, it adds audio for that current playback but is essentially different from the complete muxing process? And what program do you suggest for the simple muxing?

edit: oh wait I see. The link has instructions to add audio synchronously in VLC, but also links to the appropriate program to permanently add the audio, VideoProc Vlogger?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote:The link has instructions to add audio synchronously in VLC, but also links to the appropriate program to permanently add the audio, VideoProc Vlogger?
I just picked a quick Google search result for instructions on synching audio for playback in VLC, I was NOT interested in promoting the named software WhateverItIs. I cringed at your "poor man's muxing" ha ha!

For remuxing a secondary audio source with a video, I use mkvmerge GUI. It is fast and easy. This guide is very long and covers many things I have never used:
http://priede.bf.lu.lv/ftp/pub/MultiVid ... e-gui.html

Use VLC to synchonize audio from two different sources and figure out the timing adjustments necessary. Then add the different files you want to use to mkvmerge. Unclick the video, audio, and subtitle options you do NOT want. Adjust the audio delay (+ or - however many milliseconds), if necessary. It takes just a few minutes to mux because it only combines audio and video, it does not process it. View the resulting video and listen for exact audio synch and remux it again with another audio adjustment if necessary.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

It has a naming scheme I've come to associate with your releases. Is this your creation?
Yep. I own the German DVD and made a rip in 720p some months ago.

I would also use MKVToolNix GUI to mux it with another audio track. It's just the simpliest way. If the audio shouldn't be in sinc, you can add a delay.

Thanks for finding and posting my rip. Another movie I didn't release yet. Maybe because I only had the German dubbing.