Ideas for PHP stuff

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
reptile12

Ideas for PHP stuff

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

I just had this idea that you have this wealth of information in threads, which can be used to auto generate a database / list of all movies. You can use PHP / any language to scan the database directly and then output the title (year) and any ed2k links or imdb links and put in a chronological list ordered by year, and ordered by country or anything else.

any imdb.com/title/ links can link to the movie, and any imdb.com/name is most likely the actress in the movie. Voila!

Sorted chronologically and by country also would make it super easy to browse through and ctrl + f in the page for stuff and so on.

Also related to this lostmoviesarchive.com can be duplicated to an extent then, because I noticed today it also seems to be down (anyone know why?) and such a database is nice to have.
mimzy

Re: Ideas for PHP stuff

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Can be easily done, but I don't think a simple auto-generated list of titles would be helpful. It is a pity that lostmoviesarchive.com is defunct, we used "imdb.com/title/" links to cross-reference with them.
any imdb.com/name is most likely the actress in the movie
Very few movies have this, and often it is not the actress in this movie, so we cannot rely on this.
Sorted chronologically and by country also would make it super easy to browse through and ctrl + f in the page for stuff and so on.
Relevant keywords are often in discussion, so forum search function is more effective.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

I agree with what you're saying in general... I guess I just wish there was a database of some sort. I loved LMA tbh. I am working on my own local database but might have to look into making a public one :p
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

In case hosting is a problem, we might find some room in the FLM server.

@popdrome @thelost: not sure what the problem with lostmoviesarchive is, but we can maybe even host LMA if the PHP scripts and data are still laying around somewhere.