[REL] Pishcheblok (2021) [TV Series]

deadman

Re: [REL] Pishcheblok (2021) [TV Series]

Post by deadman »   1 likes

I noticed emule had put my active downloads on pause. I kept starting them up, then they'd pause again. Figured out that the smaller of my two external drives (which my shared folder is on) had filled up. Only about 72 MB of space left. I always transfer files over to my big drive when space gets low for the mule. It's never gotten that full before. The program was telling me "No more room!" ... in its own vague, not really telling you way.

Sorry about that. Problem was on my end. They're downloading okay now.
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

@deadman, you're running those hard drives on red-99% capacity like me!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:05 amOnly about 72 MB of space left.
:lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

@deadman, you're running those hard drives on red-99% capacity like me!
So I'm lucky that I store all my movies on my 12 TB NAS ;)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:05 am I noticed emule had put my active downloads on pause. I kept starting them up, then they'd pause again. Figured out that the smaller of my two external drives (which my shared folder is on) had filled up. Only about 72 MB of space left. I always transfer files over to my big drive when space gets low for the mule. It's never gotten that full before. The program was telling me "No more room!" ... in its own vague, not really telling you way.

Sorry about that. Problem was on my end. They're downloading okay now.
Don't do that with solid state of course! Very bad for solid state to be near full!
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:25 amDon't do that with solid state of course! Very bad for solid state to be near full!

Why?
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 pm
David32441 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:25 amDon't do that with solid state of course! Very bad for solid state to be near full!

Why?
They do something called "wear levelling" - writing data to different areas each write and re-write so as to balance the write cycles of any particular area. Some new drives can do a million writes, but older ones could only do about 1000 write cycles reliably. If you leave the drive 95% full then it's continuously writing and re-writing the same 1/20th of the drive - even worse if it's a boot drive with a swap file on it.
There'll be lots more info on the internet on this. Try searching on "Solid state write cycles and reliability" or limitations.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:16 pm If you leave the drive 95% full then it's continuously writing and re-writing the same 1/20th of the drive
I think that is not 100% correct. Writes are AFAIK still spread evenly across the whole disk, but if the disk is full, it has to move existing data from one physical block to another, so writes are slower. If the disk is empty, it just uses the free blocks.
R.R.K

Post by R.R.K »   0 likes

Hi Devil, Having these in separate links is not reliable, do you have these in one Batch, you could send it to MEGA: tHANKS!! :cry:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

There has been some discussion in another thread about non-emulers unable to get this series. I don't understand all the technical issues behind it, but often those who are blocked from eMule for some reason are still able to torrent.
[...continued discussion with some suggested search help ...]
Spoiler:

This is not necessarily because of fear of different tech, because this has afflicted those who USED to be able to eMule freely. They switch to a different ISP and suddenly nothing they do will give them back their eMule.

Anyway, a few things I have learned: 1) Russians are great at sourcing their torrents; 2) Russian movies and series are readily found at Russian torrent sites; 3) rutracker.org is a great site; and 4) it can still be searched in Google to a certain extent without being obliged to login.

I don't read Russian, but rutracker.org is so well-formatted that I often do not need to use Chrome page-translate to help me on it anyway. If I used it very frequently, I would end up registering there and then I could do full searches within the site. I just don't like having to login to any site unless I am going to post there! Still, by using site: search in Google it is fairly easy to get good results.

Format:
Cyrillic-title year site:rutracker.org
(Get the Cyrillic title from the "also known as" link in the Details section at IMDB.)

For this series a good search would be this:
Пищеблок 2021 site:rutracker.org
Check out the results as you would any other Google search.
1440p 24.3Gb: https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6099036
2160p 32.59 Gb: https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6075824

The above torrents are still very much alive.