[REL] Pete's Dragon (2016)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Pete's Dragon (2016)

Post by ghost »   12 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788732/
The adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliott, who happens to be a dragon.
The movie is mainly about the boy, but we got Oona Laurence and that makes it worth watching.

People with a dragon-phobia (like Night457 :lol: ) don't have to be afraid. The kids don't get eaten. It's a Disney's production.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

German and English audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.33 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Pete's Dragon (2016)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

:onfire

Yes! I have been looking forward to this showing up here since I heard about it recently!
ghost wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:15 amPeople with a dragon-phobia (like Night457 :lol: ) don't have to be afraid. The kids don't get eaten.
:icon_biggrin2

Phew, thank goodness! I appreciate the reassurance.

I don't really go around nervously saying to myself "Dragons and tigers and bears, oh my!" I am simply fearful of danger to the children. If Elliott eats some adults, I can handle that. Like the dinos in the Jurassic Park movies. Every animal still needs lunch.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

Regular English subtitles and English SDH synced to ghost's file:
Pete's Dragon (2016).English & English SDH.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
omg

Post by omg »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:30 am I don't really go around nervously saying to myself "Dragons and tigers and bears, oh my!" I am simply fearful of danger to the children.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

In their first meeting, little boy Pete had the exact quite reasonable concern about Elliott that I did! Hilarious! I really had no idea when I asked in the other dragon thread. That was my immediate honest reaction.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:04 am In their first meeting, little boy Pete had the exact quite reasonable concern about Elliott that I did! Hilarious! I really had no idea when I asked in the other dragon thread. That was my immediate honest reaction.
For Night's eyes only. (I'm too damn lazy to PM him... :lol: )
Spoiler:

Elliot's in-head answer [had he been a REAL dragon ;) ] would have probably been:
Elliot {thinking} wrote:Actually, yes! Just not right now:

I'll bond with you, gain your trust, take good care of you, [you know, fatten you up], even protect you.

Then when you least expect it: You know; what you said... {wink, while running his tongue across his outer lips...}
It's pretty late for me here and while I can't fall back on 'too much to drink' as an excuse for making stupid posts, excessive weariness brings out the same effects in me... :roll:

(OH! And I just watched this movie for the first time today.

I had actually avoided it because I never really liked the original Helen Reddy vehicle..

But THIS remake was really good. At least it worked for me. [Possibly {primarily} BECAUSE of Oona's presence.] :) Being an Oona Laurence fan, once I found out SHE was in the film I dug up a copy and watched it this afternoon!

Oona reminds me a lot of Jodelle Ferland, Ryan Simpkins and Jena Malone with how they all took on some edgy film roles when they were young and in general have gone the 'independent' route for most of their careers... She did pretty good with her character in this movie; it being a 'sidekick' role. She was fun to watch whenever she was on the screen. Again; I's an Oona fan... :roll: )

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

once I found out SHE was in the film I dug up a copy and watched it
Yes, kev. This was the only reason I watched this movie. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

kev wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:48 am For Night's eyes only.
:thumbsup
Being an Oona Laurence fan, once I found out SHE was in the film I dug up a copy and watched it this afternoon!
Just like you and ghost, that was definitely the deciding factor for me!

But I was not really aware of the rest of the cast until I watched it. As soon as I saw playing Oona's grandfather that handsome craggy old man with the twinkling blue eyes I squealed with delight like a little girl. I've seen him somewhere before, I think.