[REL] The Coca-Cola Kid (1985)

Infinity

Re: [REL] The Coca-Cola Kid (1985)

Post by Infinity »   1 likes

Thanks for sharing Night, you're right - she's a cutie! If only there were more scenes with her :(
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I appreciated the fact that Eric Roberts was a tightly-wound annoying jerk for much of the movie (like a number of his roles, I think) but in his scenes with DMZ he was calm, gentle and sweet.
BeachCowboy

Post by BeachCowboy »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:30 am
Infinity wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:10 amWhat a great little movie, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to get my hands on it for a while, since I do like blondes! :D
I became a fan of the adorable young Rebecca Smart thanks to this one. She is not in it nearly as much as I would like. We have to put up with long scenes involving Eric Roberts and Greta Scacchi. Ah well, they can be amusing too.

16 days after website-exclusive release date and I am still waiting for my damn pre-ordered Blu-ray. Meanwhile, I discovered that torrents were posted of blu-ray rips FIVE DAYS BEFORE that release date! :evil:

I will be posting one of those 1080p blu-ray rips on emule after watching it to verify correctness. Stay tuned!
There is an uncut version of the shower scene with a portion shot from above that captures a very nice rear view of both Gretta and Rebecca. Does your blue ray version include the longer shower scene?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

BeachCowboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:04 pm There is an uncut version of the shower scene with a portion shot from above
Do you mean an overhead shot, with the camera placed over their heads at the top the shower?? If so, that is news to me. I never analyzed the camera positions and sequence editing until now, but I don't see an overhead shot here. (That would be a fairly complicated camera setup given the conditions, too.) As far as I knew, the version I saw on laserdisc, cable TV, DVD, and Blu-ray was uncut.

I just checked the rip I am sharing and the scene runs from
49:27 - 50:34, or 1 minute 7 seconds.

That's all I can say for certain.

Out of curiosity, do you have any links to information about this extended version?
BeachCowboy

Post by BeachCowboy »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:06 pm
BeachCowboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:04 pm There is an uncut version of the shower scene with a portion shot from above
Do you mean an overhead shot, with the camera placed over their heads at the top the shower?? If so, that is news to me. I never analyzed the camera positions and sequence editing until now, but I don't see an overhead shot here. (That would be a fairly complicated camera setup given the conditions, too.) As far as I knew, the version I saw on laserdisc, cable TV, DVD, and Blu-ray was uncut.

I just checked the rip I am sharing and the scene runs from
49:27 - 50:34, or 1 minute 7 seconds.

That's all I can say for certain.

Out of curiosity, do you have any links to information about this extended version?
No, but I remember the scene vividly when I first watched it back in the 80's. A portion of the scene was shot from above as you describe from behind the actresses. I believe this portion of the scene may have been deleted when converting from VHS to DVD.
Night457
Global Moderator

BeachCowboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:42 pm No, but I remember the scene vividly when I first watched it back in the 80's. A portion of the scene was shot from above as you describe from behind the actresses. I believe this portion of the scene may have been deleted when converting from VHS to DVD.
You are just going to make me dig out my old VHS recorded from cable TV, huh? :D

I don't see why they would need to cut out that one shot, considering what is seen in the versions I have. But I can't say you are wrong, as I certainly never saw it on film in the original theatrical run.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

I've seen a couple editions of this, and the only differences I've noticed were copyright... (no one in this film is some guy in real life, we have nothing to do with Coca-Cola, here are are nude shots of Rebecca Smart's pubic area, omg).

If there's some overhead version of the movie with Rebecca Smart's scalp I would be all over it. I like her mound and I like her scalp. And I like her general essence of being. So, more Rebecca Smart is not a bad thing. Unless you watched all the daytime shit she did a little later in her career. Then, it's not the best, but it's still awesome. I like her face. And I like everything it's attatched too, including this movie, which isn't my thing but it's so unique and memorable that I can't say it's a bad film.

If I'm being an extremely inebriated douche and being off-topic, I'll say Coca-Cola Kid is a great movie. Not 'my thing', but unique and memorable. I've never seen anything like it.

Celia is Rebecca's best film, and as an (open-minded) Marxist turned me on to some world history I wasn't aware of. Coca-Cola Kid was excellent, Celia was almost religious.
Last edited by pistachio on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeachCowboy

Post by BeachCowboy »   1 likes

pistachio wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:59 pm I've seen a couple editions of this, and the only differences I've noticed were copyright... (no one in this film is some guy in real life, we have nothing to do with Coca-Cola, here are are nude shots of Rebecca Smart's pubic area, omg).

If there's some overhead version of the movie with Rebecca Smart's scalp I would be all over it. I like her mound and I like her scalp. And I like her general essence of being. So, more Rebecca Smart is not a bad thing. Unless you watched all the daytime shit she did a little later in her career. Then, it's not the best, but it's still awesome. I like her face. And I like everything it's attatched too, including this movie, which isn't my thing but it's so unique and memorable that I can't say it's a bad film.

If I'm being an extremely inebriated douche and being off-topic, I'll say Coca-Cola Kid is a great movie. Not 'my thing', but unique and memorable. I've never seen anything like it.

Celia is Rebecca's best film, and as an (open-minded) Marxist turned me on to some world history I wasn't aware of. Coca-Cola Kid was excellent, Celia was almost religious.

Shower upon me her scalp, O Great One. Bestow her greatness in VHS format, so we might bask in her Awesome Aussieness.
I guess you just have to appreciate full rear female nudity to get where I'm coming from. It was definitely there.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   1 likes

BeachCowboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:22 pmI guess you just have to appreciate full rear female nudity to get where I'm coming from. It was definitely there.
You misunderstand. I've seen everything under the Sun.

I myself am saying that I don't mind an extended version, in any way shape or form. Really and truly.

And also voicing my appreciation for this girl and her talent and making me aware some world-history that touched me in a way that actually had to do with it being a good movie, and not just a vehicle for pube-shots.
Night457
Global Moderator

pistachio wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:59 pmI like her scalp
This is the best I can do for you, mate.
cck1.jpg
cck2.jpg
cck3.jpg
cck4.jpg
celia1.jpg
celia2.jpg
celia3.jpg
shiralee1.jpg
shiralee2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.