offline for a week/ ten days

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: offline for a week/ ten days

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Wow, you are a really busy traveler! Take care!
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:19 pm Wow, you are a really busy traveler! Take care!
You are so right - I have 3 years of travel restrictions to make up for. Work really suffered. I'm back but the next trip is just a couple of days away. Hopefully I'll stay put for a few days after this one ends.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:36 am Hopefully I'll stay put for a few days after this one ends.
My question is: When you are finally old enough to retire, will you travel the world just for FUN? Or will you say "NEVER on an airplane again, that is work!" and just stay happily at home?
emuler

Night457 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:23 pm My question is: When you are finally old enough to retire, will you travel the world just for FUN? Or will you say "NEVER on an airplane again, that is work!" and just stay happily at home?
I'm already well past retirement age - I'm just taking a couple of years to train my successor. The guy I had trained earlier quit so I'm training a new guy.
I will travel for leisure later but the travel to and fro will not hold much appeal. I remember way back when I started I would always want a window seat and watch the countryside go by, but that craze is long gone. Now I sleep or read a book.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:25 pm I'm already well past retirement age - I'm just taking a couple of years to train my successor.
From reading your posts I realized your years of accumulated knowledge, but from your at times spirited attitude I thought you still to be younger than retirement age! Maybe it is simply that the older generations have much more energy than I do.

(This is of course much nicer than saying "Wow you are older than I thought.")

That is a seriously long training period.

Anyway, I am glad that having to travel for work has not soured you on the potential pleasures of leisure travel. I know that my father and stepmother very much enjoy their explorations of places in the world that are new to them.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Back. Will start watching the stuff I have waiting to post. Learned the hard way not to post stuff without watching.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:30 pmLearned the hard way not to post stuff without watching.
I am STILL learning that lesson. :oops:
emuler

Night457 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:30 pm
emuler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:30 pmLearned the hard way not to post stuff without watching.
I am STILL learning that lesson. :oops:
Sadly, due to work pressure which leaves me with very little time to watch what I have downloaded, I'm going to have to do just that - post stuff without watching it first. I'll scan through quickly and hope that if I've downloaded them from a reputable site they are going to be okay. Otherwise they're just going to sit on my system for ages. Apologies in advance for any duds that might sneak through.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

emuler wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:10 pmI'll scan through quickly and hope that if I've downloaded them from a reputable site they are going to be okay.
That is fair enough. Scrolling through the file in your media player of choice to make sure it has the beginning and the end of the correct movie and the audio is not full of static is generally good enough. For some movies, I have to check specific sensitivecontent scenes to see if they are censored, but that is the exception. (In one I could think of, the uncensored version was still readily available.)

So yes, please, go ahead and post what you have!