Kym Karath

Post here about any child actresses (or actors) you like!
Infinity

Kym Karath

Post by Infinity »   3 likes

Kym Karath (born August 4th 1958) is probably my favourite 1960s child actress, she appeared in a few movies and TV shows, most notably in The Sound of Music (1965) playing five-year-old Gretl. Having grown up and left the acting industry, she's married now with a son and it looks like she's happy and healthy.

Kym is active on Twitter which is lovely to see, her Twitter is @KymKarath if you would like to check it out. Her IMDB profile is here.

FLM media releases
The Thrill of it All (1963) | age 3 years
Spencer's Mountain (1963) | age 3 years

Photos
Various photos of Kym gathered online and from her social media profile can be found below.
wCeNytnjRD3IypPTURyEnF2nxyU.jpg
E77x9VvVcAA1Su9.jpg
Buym5Q0CcAA30Zn.jpg
E7-E5OuVUAEylhh.jpg
Eypnwq1VgAEHq2U.jpg
BropvcoCAAAD9vo.jpg
BvlDxUgCYAA5ReU.jpg
FIdWYyvVcAA0WqK.jpg
D2xIDk3VAAAPtWo.jpg
DnTv33oVYAIcckC.jpg
DjmT9e0VAAAlre_.jpg
Dgte1dQUcAAvGAo.jpg
DggTp6XUcAIH_K-.jpg
DSqv5S3UMAEgVd7.jpg
DLpesEyUIAA8oKR.jpg
CxkvTxtUAAAiqco.jpg
CHo9XCMWwAAztwo.jpg
CErBz2TUMAAq5ue.jpg
If there is anything I've missed, let me know!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Infinity on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Kym Karath

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Lovely fanpage, Infinity! Kym was the definite highlight of "Spencer's Mountain" for me, and I had no idea I had seen her in "The Sound of Music" years ago. I have "The Thrill of It All" downloaded but have not watched it yet. I am looking forward to it!
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:42 am Lovely fanpage, Infinity! Kym was the definite highlight of "Spencer's Mountain" for me, and I had no idea I had seen her in "The Sound of Music" years ago. I have "The Thrill of It All" downloaded but have not watched it yet. I am looking forward to it!
Have fun watching, and let me know what you think of it when you do! She's only little but I think Kym does a great job in her role. :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I followed your signature link here. It looks like you had fun making this fan-post! Nice job on it! I enjoyed all the pictures. I look forward to any more of these actress posts that you create.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:30 am I followed your signature link here. It looks like you had fun making this fan-post! Nice job on it! I enjoyed all the pictures. I look forward to any more of these actress posts that you create.
Thanks pillowbaker! I have a couple of other actresses that I'm rather fond of, I'll consider making threads for those girls too. :)
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

It turns out I had actually seen "The Thrill of it All" before but did not realize it. I guess the 1950s and '60s Doris Day comedies all run together in my memory! The pool-and-suds scene is unforgettable, however. There is no confusing that with any other movie.

I was surprised that Doris did NOT actually break out into song in this one, but it allowed me to realize that she was actually a very fine comedic actress too and not just a great singer.

For a movie whose central theme is that a woman's greatest satifaction is popping out babies, I wish it had featured more screen time for the kids. Kym is such a little darling!