Site Admin

[REL] The Naked Brothers Band (2005)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Came across THIS one at google:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8741982976

IMDB link:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0444736/

Synopsis:
A family film in more ways than one (half the cast members are helmer's relatives), Polly Draper's independent quasi-mockumentary, "The Naked Brothers Band," spins her two young sons' modest neighborhood rock band into a fictional chartbusting phenomenon sweeping the country. Conceived as a cross between "A Hard Day's Night" and "Our Gang" two-reelers, pic's sped-up whimsy, at first annoying, soon succumbs to the kids' precocious charm and the potent charisma of 9-year-old leader/songwriter Nat Wolff. Convincingly faithful to kids' rhythms and speech patterns, and featuring several catchy if one-chorus numbers, this bouncy, feel-good kidpic, with targeted release strategy, could rock peers and parents alike.
Pix:
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Of course, for ME, the BIG plus is Allie DiMeco :heart (Wish she had her own fansite! :( )
[Image]

[Image]

:heart :heart http://thenakedbrothersband.com/cast/allie.htm :heart :heart

Lotsa pix, vids and other info at the 'Official' Movie website:
http://www.thenakedbrothersband.com/index.html

I'd LOVE to see this one on the big screen, but a download will do... :bigups

kev.
FLL

Re: [REL] The Naked Brothers Band (2005)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

A rip of this DVD just showed up last week on USENET, in alt.binaries.dvd. A quick search at isohunt.com shows someone ripped it to an AVI and torrented it, but no sign at this time of anything on eMule.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   12 likes

What about this? ;)

The movie is really funny and they got very cute female fans :drool

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.19 Mb]
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I also was downloading it when I posted before... a full DVD takes some time.

Once downloaded, I did my customary scanning through parts of the movie and ended up watching it all. I was surprised, it's a kid's "Spinal Tap", with lots of Beatles allusions. The satire isn't as relentless as in Spinal Tap, they depend upon the absurdity of the premise to carry them, but I chuckled quite a bit. The IMDB comments seem to show you'll either love this for the satire or hate this as stupid, it's one of those polarizing movies. Which explains why it wasn't released on DVD until Nickelodeon picked it it as a series. (Which I've never seen, but will have to watch for). Thanks, Kev, for pointing this out, or I would have taken much longer to notice it!

By the way, I just LOVE the following IMDB comment (emphasis is mine):
This is a load of crap that should have never been released at all. The DVD doesn't deserve to see the light of day and Polly Draper deserves to get the Razzle Award for Worst Director Ever! I can't believe this show is coming to Nick! Millions of kids are gonna get brainwashed by watching this crap! It promotes Sexual Immorality and a very disgusting form of Lust towards "Tween" girls between the age of 8-18. Parents, do the RIGHT thing! Cut the TV Power-Cord with Scissors! Hide the TV in the Basement! Take away their privileges! Don't let them watch this ugly, filthy, sickening, superficial film! Plus, the Band is terrible and inexperienced. If you think this is the film to promote your kids into music, then you're dead wrong. Leave this movie in the back of the Blockbuster Shelve and tell them to watch "American Idol". Simon Cowell always knows who has talent. These little gits certainly do NOT! If you vote a 10 for this film, I seriously recommend a Medical Diagnosis for Psychopathy.
What?!? there's a problem with lust towards tween girls? I would never have guessed. Don't get your hopes up too much though, it's all quite sweet.

EDIT: I actually converted this and released it myself, only to find that ghost had beaten me by a few minutes. I will say that I'm a little paranoid that since the series is marketed to tweens the MPAA police will be searching so I would have named this a bit cryptically, and I'll just let ghost release his version.