[REL] L'Arminuta (2021)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] L'Arminuta (2021)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I'm sorry, Night457, but I don't know what's wrong. You're deifinitly not banned bey my client.

PM sent.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I GOT IT NOW!!! Thank you ghost, pillowbaker, and another FLM member who has not been in this particular conversation -- I was eventually getting it from all of you.

I don't know why I was seeing you all in my emule client but NOT seeing that file you had shared, but eventually it worked. I also shared a good chunk with someone, I am not sure who -- I was sleeping.
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:05 am I would not know what to do if this were happening to me, though I have had emule issues before.
Is there any way to check one's ban list?
I know enough to read the eMule client connection information and restart or update anything that is not connected, but everything seemed to read as working properly so I was stumped. Ultimately what worked ... was waiting. And here I am a damn hypocrite always suggesting others do the same! :oops:

Emule clients ban and unban automatically, and restarting emule clears the ban list, but I don't know how to CHECK the list. If you look in the Statistics tab under Clients, you can see IF anyone is banned. If one person's client happens to be banning another person's client, then neither can share with the other. But ghost and I both verified we were NOT banning. Bewildering. I usually restart my emule (for various reasons) every day anyway, so I know that any of my bans get cleared routinely.

Thank you all!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:38 pm I GOT IT NOW!!! Thank you ghost, pillowbaker, and another FLM member who has not been in this particular conversation -- I was eventually getting it from all of you.
Glad you received it!!

Strangely enough, after I posted last night, I saw it upload to who I suspect is you over emule. ;)

I did try a little experiment. I don't know if this does anything at all, but to the user on my emule friends list who I suspected to be you, I right-clicked and selected "Establish Friend Slot". It is likely a coincidence, but it began uploading to this specific user after about 10 minutes. Anyone know exactly what this extra feature does?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:54 pm I did try a little experiment. I don't know if this does anything at all, but to the user on my emule friends list who I suspected to be you, I right-clicked and selected "Establish Friend Slot". It is likely a coincidence, but it began uploading to this specific user after about 10 minutes. Anyone know exactly what this extra feature does?
I did not even know that option was there! Putting a Friend in a Friend Slot, what does THAT mean?

There was not much information available online, but (as of 16 years ago!) this seems to mean that it gives that particular Friend downloading priority over all others. But you can only do this for ONE person. This may very well have helped me. Thanks! But by all means PLEASE TAKE ME OUT of the Friend Slot now that I have that file!!!! I routinely get files quite easily from you and I can wait my turn. Others should have their fair chance.

(If I ever get around to Releasing another new file and you get it from me, then you will see for sure which one I is! But it is a pretty generic name.)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:24 pmBut you can only do this for ONE person.
That would explain why yours disappeared! lol I tried to give everyone a friend slot. :lol: I can see why the system would only allow one at a time though.

I also found very little info about this feature. But I routinely source/seed/upload everything I download, even if I don't intend on keeping it, and I doubt I'll remember to check who has the slot every time, so no worries. Everyone gets everything they want from me at some point. :shock:

Anyways, glad it all got figured out and it's great learning new stuff about the client.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:46 pm lol I tried to give everyone a friend slot.
MY, you really ARE friendly! :D
I doubt I'll remember to check who has the slot every time
?

I think the Friend Slot is established only if you set it, and the default is no Friend Slot at all. Even if you have a Friends list (in Messages), they are all "Just Friends" and none of them get your Slot unless you allow it.

:shock:

:lol: