Trouble finding English subtitling...

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ChaosWolf

Trouble finding English subtitling...

Post by ChaosWolf »   0 likes

Yeah, first post here. Hi. Hope I'm posting this in the right area...

Anyway, right to the point.

I had been looking for a plain, simple and straightforward sex-ed video for some time now (i.e. one not drowned in scientific babble that young teens would lose interest in, or have them feel belittled by goofy cartoon symbolism like talking dicks) and hit upon the idea that, if US stuff was largely junk, why not try Europe? After all, our friends across the pond seem rather openminded about such topics.

Eventually, I stumbled across "Sexuele Voorlichting", AKA "Puberty: Sexual Education for Boys and Girls", a Belgian-made, English-subtitled film that seemed exactly what I was looking for - it was frank, direct, and delivered information openly, involving people at the same age as the target audience rather than having adults talking down to the newly-pubescent viewer. However, the only English-language website I could find that sold a DVD of it, Azov Films, wanted a ridiculously high price for it (not to mention the site itself seemed a bit legally-grey). So I resolved to try a downloaded copy (thank you, BitTorrent).

That's when I found the problem. The only torrented copy I could find was an MP4 file given purely in the original Dutch - the English subtitle track carried on the DVD was completely absent. Obviously this was unacceptable - as useful as it might be otherwise, it was pointless if one couldn't understand the narrators, since estimating context can only go so far, especially in an educational film.

So I come to you guys, having been fruitless in searching elsewhere. Is there any way to find/obtain the English subtitling for this film? Or is my sole option to spend a ridiculous bit of cash for the DVD of a movie I already have, just to be able to understand it?
loverboy

Re: Trouble finding English subtitling...

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

ChaosWolf

Post by ChaosWolf »   0 likes

My apologies. I was unaware it was considered "too edge" to look for.

But, as I said, I was only looking for the English subtitle track, not the film itself.

Nonetheless, I apologize if my info-seeking crossed some hidden line.
joemam

Post by joemam »   0 likes

does anyone still have
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

English subs for Sexuele Voorlichting are at Opensubtitles
user123

Post by user123 »   0 likes

Maybe you find the movie with subtitles in Uloz.net, you know, they have everything over there! ;)

edit: Ok, maybe the file was uploaded and maybe it was deleted shortly after the upload. We'll never know :roll: If someone knows another nice hosting site and lets me know maybe it gets uploaded to that place too, who knows?
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

The movie mentioned in that ancient post will NOT show up at FLM, so do NOT post any links for it here. Anyone who wants to look for it can use Google search or emule search and keep what they find to themselves.

I am not even going to discuss it. Don't anyone take it personally. I am locking this thread.