[REL] Alcarràs (2022)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Alcarràs (2022)

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:49 amDid you have to restart your client, Night?
Yes!
Long version:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that! I could not do ANYTHING in emule and I could not tell whether or not it was downloading because the GUI was locked with the same statistics. I shut it down in Task Manager. (Right click eMule in Processes tab and choose "End task".) After I re-opened it, I immediately went to Options / Connection / Limits and checked Download limit, then moved the slider down to a reasonable speed. I did this before it connected to the hundred sources and overwhelmed my emule client again. If I had not been fast enough, I would have disconnected from my internet source first before opening emule and setting the download limit, then restarted the internet.

I have occasionally had the same issue with my torrent client when I get hundreds of seeders for a brand-new popular file. In both emule and torrents I normally run it with NO limits because generally I would not reach them and I don't know exactly what they would be for me, so I don't want to artificially limit myself when I don't have to. I am sure it is a combination of the capabilities of my bandwidth, my computer processing power, and the software itself. One or more of them could be the weak spot.

The 1fichier download link should work quickly (~15 minutes, your speed depending) but my experience with that site is that it takes several clicks and waiting for French-language approval screens to load before it finally reaches the download link. It is ALMOST like a clickbait site, but NO it actually does work. Normally emule is simpler to use, which is why I went with it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   4 likes

English subtitles here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... lcarras-en

They are not machine translated!

Time-shifted 200 ms:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:01 pm They are not machine translated!

Time-shifted 200 ms:
Thank you for finding these subtitles, ghost! And for the slight resync!

Note to the few people who grabbed the subtitles before the resync: make sure to get this latest and greatest version.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:11 am Yes!
Long version:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that! I could not do ANYTHING in emule and I could not tell whether or not it was downloading because the GUI was locked with the same statistics. I shut it down in Task Manager. (Right click eMule in Processes tab and choose "End task".) After I re-opened it, I immediately went to Options / Connection / Limits and checked Download limit, then moved the slider down to a reasonable speed. I did this before it connected to the hundred sources and overwhelmed my emule client again. If I had not been fast enough, I would have disconnected from my internet source first before opening emule and setting the download limit, then restarted the internet.

I have occasionally had the same issue with my torrent client when I get hundreds of seeders for a brand-new popular file. In both emule and torrents I normally run it with NO limits because generally I would not reach them and I don't know exactly what they would be for me, so I don't want to artificially limit myself when I don't have to. I am sure it is a combination of the capabilities of my bandwidth, my computer processing power, and the software itself. One or more of them could be the weak spot.

The 1fichier download link should work quickly (~15 minutes, your speed depending) but my experience with that site is that it takes several clicks and waiting for French-language approval screens to load before it finally reaches the download link. It is ALMOST like a clickbait site, but NO it actually does work. Normally emule is simpler to use, which is why I went with it.
First, thank you for the synced subs, ghost! This file continues to be CRAZY popular on my emule client! I decided to leave the file in my shared folder for the time being, and in a couple short days, it has uploaded 22.5gb, which is half of the amount of the most popular file I have on my client currently.

Once again I am glad I asked about the emule behavior, so thank you for the explanation, Night. I was unsure if my emule lock-up was just a matter on my end.

Medium-long reply:
Spoiler:

I appreciate reading about your procedure for dealing with this particular situation in emule. I was wondering if I would have to do the same thing! Good thinking with disconnecting the internet. And I was wondering if I would be fast enough to limit the speed down before it happened again! That said, I wanted to try an experiment. So I decided to leave my emule client alone in its locked-up state, completely unresponsive and frozen, just to see if it could resolve itself.

I had a little confidence in the idea since it's resolved itself during this impediment a few times before, though it wasn't with a file with so many sources. Also, when I checked my "emule temp" directory, there was still activity going on, with those little file blips that show up and disappear when it's actively downloading something (does this make sense?). Also, when emule is active, I am unable to modify those files in the temp directory, and it wasn't allowing me to do so: "File is open in emule."

So I let it chill and checked on it randomly. Eventually, it freed up and allowed me to interact with the client again. I immediately went to dumb down the max download, and initially forgot to hit that little check box that actually actives the limiter! So quickly went back in again, and it seemed to work fine after that.

I thought I had figured it out with patience. I started dinking around with the client and reloaded my shared files page, feeling pretty good about my experiment, and emule suddenly crashes. I gave it some time before reloading it, and when I did, I got the notice, something like "credit file is corrupted and will be replaced!" Is this a usual error? Does my credit file have to start over from scratch? Not too concerned, since I upload a lot anyways. I am just curious if anyone has any insight.

As for the behavior when it gets too many connections and speed, I am leaning toward it being an issue with the software. My torrent client has never done this, even with a massive amount of connections.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Tech discussion involving corrupted credit files:
Spoiler:

You must be more patient that I am, pillowbaker! I think I have given it at most 10 minutes to NOT resolve the issue on its own. That's it, I'm done waiting, start over!
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 amAlso, when I checked my "emule temp" directory, there was still activity going on, with those little file blips that show up and disappear when it's actively downloading something (does this make sense?).
Yes! I have not done this detailed an investigation myself, but I understand the concept.
I got the notice, something like "credit file is corrupted and will be replaced!" Is this a usual error? Does my credit file have to start over from scratch?
I am no expert but if emule automatically begins a new credit file I would not worry. Certainly if you backup your config directory regularly you can copy over a slightly older file from the backup. For more insight on this issue, see vintage discussion here:
https://forum.emule-project.net/index.p ... pic=149565
As for the behavior when it gets too many connections and speed, I am leaning toward it being an issue with the software. My torrent client has never done this, even with a massive amount of connections.
I agree about it being the software, because emule has not been actively developed for years. I sometimes have it happen with torrents too, but I have also downloaded files with over a THOUSAND seeders! It is a good possibility that you have a more powerful computer and better bandwidth than my own, which would make it less of an issue for you with actively updated torrent clients.
beatpats4

Post by beatpats4 »   16 likes

"dePAL'd" vrsn (for betr or wors)
Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.79 Gb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Not likely that anyone here would need it, considering the film's initial popularity over emule, but this film recently re-dropped on rarbg here:
https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?imdb=tt11930126
Many seeders on all encodes, in case someone wants a 10 or 16gb version.

Unsure about any quality or sub differences. Until I figure out something different for my current setup, I must refrain from actually downloading rarbg torrents.
:eusa_doh :icon_redface :icon_1whip
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

If you live in Germany and using Entertain from Telekom, you can watch it for free in the Megathek at the Moment.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:56 am If you live in Germany and using Entertain from Telekom, you can watch it for free in the Megathek at the Moment.
I didn't know that they dubbed it in German. Thanks, Nasuada.