[REL] Wieza. Jasny dzien (2017)

Rich_Visiting

[REL] Wieza. Jasny dzien (2017)

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Wieza. Jasny dzien AKA Tower. A Bright Day. (2017)

Not sure about this one...
Mula lives with her family in the country. Just before her daughter's First Holy Communion, Mula's long lost sister pays them a visit. The family believes in reconciliation, but Mula has her reasons to feel afraid of Kaja.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7419360

:think
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Wieza. Jasny dzien (2017)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   32 likes

In 1080p:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.41 Gb]

English subtitles machine translated from Portuguese:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [46.5 Kb]
ferdi111

Re: [REL] Wieza. Jasny dzien (2017)

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Has it something to do with vampires or other similar creatures?
I am asking because when watching this movie's IMDB link, IMDB recommended me https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11261296/ :D
Last edited by ferdi111 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you ghost for the upgrade!
ferdi111 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:54 pm Has it something to do with vampires or other similar creatures?
No, I do not think so. I don't think it has any connection with "A Marxist Vampire Comedy".

I have not actually watched it but this IMDB review excerpt says it at LEAST is a horror movie dealing with issues of good and evil. Scrolling through the Uloz file I downloaded, I DO NOT SEE any fangs or spurting blood -- but I can not figure what it is ABOUT either. Whatever "monsters" are in it are of a more subtle variety.
Spoiler:

Tower. A Bright Day is that rarest of beasts, a Polish horror film. It is infused with the iconography and symbolism that is playing out a battle between conflicting belief systems and conceptions of good and evil. This is a film that subtly adopts the long view, gauging the paganism that underpins so much of Polish Catholicism to be something fixed in nature and specific locales. As a result we have the most unsettling and anxiety-inducing use of forest and lake that I have seen since THE WITCH.

Szelc overlays this horror core of her film with the very human drama of two warring siblings fighting over the soul of a young child. Mula (Anna Krotoska) is a believer, whose Christian virtues have made her fill the void in the life of her niece, Nina, when her birth mother Kaja (a terrifying performance from Malgorzata Szczerbowska), checks out of her life for a significant period of time ...
P.S: IMDB is owned by Amazon and exists mostly as advertising for product. Every year it gets less and less like a "movie database" and more filled with unrelated pictures, videos, articles and other advertising junk. "Bloodsuckers" may be an interesting movie, sure, but NEVER trust corporate recommendations!
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:32 pm -------------------------------------------------
Also available in SD, if you prefer a smaller file size:
Wieza Jasny Dzien (2017) Tower A Bright Day.mkv
I actually finished downloading this for archival sake, then deleted it because it is MISSING THE LAST 11 MINUTES of the movie!! :o Even if you prefer smaller files, DO NOT bother with this one! Get ghost's 1080p version instead; I have not found anything smaller.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

it is MISSING THE LAST 11 MINUTES of the movie!!
Thanks for trying the link, Night.

I removed it from my message.
Night457
Global Moderator

Heck, I was actually trying to get it two days before you posted it, because the uloz file I found seemed awfully large for just 720p and I was hoping to give others an alternative. I am quite happy with your 1080p "alternative"!
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

A movie who run at Berlinale Forum.... That would be to much art for me ;-)
[Image]