[REL] Speak No Evil (2022)

Devil❧

[REL] Speak No Evil (2022)

Post by Devil❧ »   37 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14253846/
A Danish family visits a Dutch family they met on a holiday. What was supposed to be an idyllic weekend slowly starts unraveling as the Danes try to stay polite in the face of unpleasantness.
Trailer:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhWiiDh ... el=Shudder
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.01 Gb] (With Subs)
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Speak No Evil (2022)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, Devil! :P

I got it yesterday and was going to release it as well.

The ending of the movie is really shocking and unexpected. :o
Devil❧

Post by Devil❧ »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:52 pm The ending of the movie is really shocking and unexpected. :o
I knew from the trailer there is going to be some gruesome scene but that was unexcepted for me as well.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

You guys have me intrigued. Will download and watch this one! For sure eventually! ;)

The quoted plot synopsis in the OP makes me laugh, because I imagine the families sitting at the dinner table and the the visiting becoming increasingly bewildered at cultural differences.
"They keep live what in the basement?"
"Oh honey don't be rude. Things are done different here."
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

YES, this is exactly the movie I need, because I kept getting Danish and Dutch confused awhile back! Now maybe I can get it straightened out.

(And the storyline etc. looks interesting too.)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow... Thanks for bringing this to FLM, Devil❧!!

'Speak No Evil' is indeed a shocker..

I unexpectedly had a week off a couple of weeks ago and [being the sedentary person I am :roll: ] I binge-watched a few series and quite a few movies; a good many were even of FLM interest. THIS movie was one of the better ones [another being Lou (2022) with a really cute Ridley Asha Bateman as Vee], and despite the ending which I truly despised parts of [and I'm willing to bet it's NOT for the reasons everyone else has hinted at], I really DID like this movie.

Up to certain parts of the ending it was a intelligently thought out and well written slow burn horror film. Though you knew something ominous was afoot from the very first note of music played at the start of the movie, it still catches you off guard with it's little twists. Little Liva Forsberg as Agnes didn't have a super-lot of screentime but her role, as the film advanced, became more substantial.

I'm excited to see what other members think of this creepy little film.

(At this point, if you have NOT seen the movie, please, PLEASE skip the 'Spoiler'.) :)
Spoiler:

My BIG beef with the movie was the asshole wimp of a father [Bjørn] :evil: :evil: :evil: :

There is a point where Bjørn KNOWS what Patrick is capable of after seeing what happened to Patrick's son [Able] along with the pictures he saw in the shed. He KNOWS!

Yet after their escape is thwarted and he, his wife and Agnes are back in Patrick's car with Patrick and his wife; Bjørn is still passive aggressive with seemingly no will to fight back:
*His family's lives were at stake, and STILL he didn't fight back.
*When the man was coming for something obviously no-good, STILL he didn't fight back.
*When Patrick was pounding on him and he KNEW things were going to get worse, STILL he didn't fight back.
*EVEN when they're let out of the car in front of the pit, there's STILL a chance to fight back, but no: Bjørn acquiesced EVERY friggin' step of the way. THAT is what made the ending inevitable: Bjørn's submissive allowance of Patrick's actions.

I'm not a father, but I can't imagine that should I get myself in a situation like that, my 'fight or flight' instinct would NOT kick in... "When all bets are off, you do what you gotta do to try and survive"; my dad was military and I was raised with that belief...

THEN: The method of their demise, though it was supposed to be shocking, was [for me] thoroughly laughable. Seriously. (Resort back to the BOLD 'Bjørn acquiesced..' line..) ((They could have run, kept Patrick chasing them until daylight, good god, man: DO SOMETHING!!)) :shock:

The point for me being: The writer's could have written something in that made more sense and STILL had the movie end the way it did. It would have made a much more satisfactory film for me, at least.

*Whew* Got that off my chest!! :lol:

So, finally when Bjørn and Louise are standing there before Patrick and Karin, Bjørn, the pathetic fool his is, snivvels:
Bjørn: Why are you doing this?

Patrick: Because you let me.
Truer words were never spoken!! :wall
Again, a very chilling slow burn of a film. Well worth a watch! Thanks again, Devil❧ for bringing this to FLM. :thumbsup

kev.