[REL] Valerie a týden divu (1970)

deadman

Re: [REL] Valerie a týden divu (1970)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
deadman wrote:... they were married for real a few years later. The two of them are still alive and together to this day, and have a daughter. Isn't that nice? Sometimes you really do have a happy ending!
IDK. Just grabbing the first guy you can get, with THOSE looks.... it sounds to me like she wasn't all that discerning.
Not all that discerning might explain it at 13 but not their still being happily married 50 years later. No, I think she just happened to meet her true love first time out. It happens occasionally. I'm damn glad I didn't marry my first love - but that's just me. :mrgreen:
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

Well.... with most women, it is the longer they know a person, the more they love them. It's men who grow restless.
My first love, in 3rd grade.... never saw her again. First real GF... my life would have been quite different.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

Jaroslava Schallerová ist good actor
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:37 pm Yeah, this was encoded from the Criterion release. The only other blu-ray I'm aware of is the Second Run disc. It is a different transfer, so I ordered it - should be here in a few days according to the shipping info. Once I've seen it, I'll tell you whether the Criterion is really the best version.
Oh hey deadman, any news on the quality of the Second Run bluray transfer? Just curious. Thanks for sharing your Criterion version, it'll make a nice upgrade to my download from 2008.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:43 pmOh hey deadman, any news on the quality of the Second Run bluray transfer? Just curious. Thanks for sharing your Criterion version, it'll make a nice upgrade to my download from 2008.

I think I prefer the Criterion release. Certain details are easier to make out, the Second Run is higher contrast with harsher illumination so some things wash out a little. But other people might not agree with my preference. It's that sort of difference.

I'll have to do a scene comparison on my big TV - I don't care what anyone says, when it comes to watching movies computer monitors just haven't kept pace with television panels. In fact I think I'm going to buy a small 4K TV for my next monitor. Why screens sold as monitors aren't as good as the same sized ones sold as TVs I couldn't tell you, but they aren't. If I have reason to change my preference I'll let you know.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:54 am Why screens sold as monitors aren't as good as the same sized ones sold as TVs I couldn't tell you, but they aren't.

Off-topic, but I think computer monitors are not designed for watching movies in the first place. On the other hand, they are IMO much better for eyes when working with text or coding.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks you deadman for the information and thank you too, mimzy, for the input. I have sometimes wondered between the two as well. I do tend to become more immersed in movie watching on a tv set, but working on the computer is easier with my simple monitor setup.
lunastar2021

the best proof that great films don't only come from hollywood but also from other countries
lunastar2021

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders is the movie uncut?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

lunastar2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:01 pm Valerie and Her Week of Wonders is the movie uncut?
Yes, uncut.

I don't have deadman's file but I have the same blu-ray disc that it is sourced from. I have not read about this movie being censored, either, but that label does not release censored movies. The one rare exception is when a director in his senility decides to alter his movie classics for a new generation, and in their stupidity and misplaced respect for auteur theory they defer to the director's wishes. For this movie the director has been dead for 21 years, so his film is safe.

The files at ulozto are also apparently uncut.