[REL] El Celo AKA Presence of Mind (1999)

Rich

[REL] El Celo AKA Presence of Mind (1999)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Presence of Mind (1999)

[Image]
This movie is a good adaptation of the novel by henry james 'turn of the screw', thought it is not as scary and intense as the best adaptation of this novel 'the innocents'. First of all, it is quite surprising that this film is the first work of the director antoni aloy, and he managed to cast lauren bacall, harvey keitel and sadie frost, who all develope a correct performance. but ironically all these great actors can't fight with the kids, who act in a perfect way. the direction is quite correct and the cinematography and music are great. unfortunately due to economic problems this film hasn't been released in almost any country, just in spain in a few screens and it hasn't get the recognition it deserves.
Available for purchase at Amazon through IMDB.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211577/

thanks, Rich :)
Debaser

[REL] Presence of Mind (1999)

Post by Debaser »   30 likes

Henry James' classic tale of terror The Turn of the Screw receives yet another screen adaptation in this thriller shot in Spain. A young woman (Sadie Frost) is hired to serve as a governess for two children, Miles and Flora (Nilo Mur and Ella Jones). She is hired by their uncle, the Master (Harvey Keitel), who became the guardian of the youngsters after the death of their parents. While the governess is initially enthusiastic about her job, Miles and Flora soon prove to be quite a handful, and the housekeeper Mrs. Grose (Lauren Bacall), who oversees most of the activities at the Master's estate, is openly antagonistic to her. Before long, the governess discovers the house bears a dark secret involving Miss Jessel (Dayne Danika), the previous governess, and Fosc (Agusti Villaronga), the Master's former valet. El Celo was the first feature from director Antoni Aloy.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [937.67 Mb]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Presence of Mind (1999)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

AKA El Celo

http://imdb.com/title/tt0211577/

I am sure this has been posted before, but i can find it anymore...
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
I am sure this has been posted before, but i can find it anymore...
You bet it has been posted before - see 10 most wanted and billanben's post of December 2, 2006.

As for me, I'm looking for the original post of "Ivan's childhood"...

Seems like someone is cleaning up the board quite effectively! :icon_paranoid
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

You bet it has been posted before - see 10 most wanted and billanben's post of December 2, 2006.
I read that message when it was first posted, but I never could find the film in question posted here at that time or thereafter.

In the end I gave up and put it down to the FLM search function playing up.

Now iv decided enough is enough, I cant find it, so lets get it on FLM and see what happens.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

:bigups
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   1 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote::bigups
:icon_bath
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes