[REL] Circle Of Two (1980)

loverboy

[REL] Circle Of Two (1980)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

AKA Obsession/Les Ages du Coeur

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080536/

Tatum O'Neil, from the same year as 'Little Darlings' but in a movie with a far more adult theme.

[Image]

In 1980, on one of the rare occasions that he returned from exile in Europe to work in North America, Jules Dassin made CIRCLE OF TWO. He shot the movie in and around Toronto with a largely Canadian crew. As Dassin and scriptwriter Thomas Hedley develop this story of the attraction between a sixty-year-old artist, Ashley St. Clair (Richard Burton), and a sixteen-year-old would-be writer, Sarah Norton (Tatum O'Neal), they show how the circle of people around Sarah and Ashley are affected, and how they react. The circle includes Sarah's school friends; her mother and father (played by Patricia Collins and Robin Gammell); and Ashley's ex-lover Claudia (Nuala Fitzgerald) who is in from New York for a visit. Along with Richard Burton in one of the last performances in his long and distinguished career, and Tatum O'Neal attempting to make the transition from child star to adult actress, the cast includes Michael Wincott, in an early role, as Sarah's boyfriend Paul, who does not react well to being rejected, and Kate Reed as Sarah's pragmatic doctor.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Scroll down for FLL's DVD rip.
emuler

Re: [REL] Circle Of Two (1980)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Nice. :thumbsup Looking forward to watching this.
FLL

Post by FLL »   50 likes

What the hell, I might as well post this. I bought this DVD and ripped it more than two years ago, intending it to be one of my first releases (I was still new to FLM then). But I never could get myself to finish sitting through it, the movie somehow did nothing at all for me. That and the fact she was 16 (which was a bigger problem for many at FLM then than now, I think) made me shelve it. It was on my "get back to this some day" list but probably would have never made it to the top, though in retrospect I should have gotten this out because of the one famous scene (there's a clip of it floating about on eMule).

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.24 Mb]
emuler

Way to go, FLL. :thumbsup

loverboy, you can release the next one now. :onfire
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Well I didn't expect a DVD rip to appear quite so quickly! I've edited my post, removing the ed2k link & file details.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:What the hell, I might as well post this. I bought this DVD and ripped it more than two years ago, intending it to be one of my first releases (I was still new to FLM then). But I never could get myself to finish sitting through it, the movie somehow did nothing at all for me...

[Image]
LOL!

I, too have had this for years [a UK DVD] and I'll have to admit, for a Winter/Spring relationship movie, I was also a bit 'unmoved'... ;)

HOWEVER, I DID revel a little too much [and still do :eyecrazy ] in Tatum's lovely, though slightly misshapen 16 year old breasts...

Thanks so much for reminding us of this movie, loverboy; and thanks too to FLL for the better link and RE-posting the image from my FAVE scene!! :heart (Which I also have re-posted! ;) )

kev.
emuler

LOL

She tells her friend she is seeing a man of sixty. Friend's reaction:
"He's robbing the cradle. ... You're robbing the grave!" :icon_1roflmao
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

pleas re up
flmwayne