[REL] Curfew (2012) short [USA]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Curfew (2012) short [USA]

Post by ghost »   1 likes

WTF is Fragger? Must be a game or something. In any case this was the ice breaker.

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:03 pm WTF is Fragger? Must be a game or something.
Yeah.

(Sheesh, I have not played video games since the 1980s and even I have heard of Fragger. :) )

Perfect idea for a kid's game:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragger#: ... in%202012.
fragger
Somebody who frags someone. To frag means to kill a superior officer by throwing a fragmentation grenade - a tactic used to eliminate warmongers who put lower-ranking soldiers' lives at risk by seeking confrontations, a tactic widely used in Vietnam.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fragger
ghost
Site Admin

Thanks. I never was a gamer, never had the patience and nerves. :?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Me neither, that's why I quit back in the old days! I was terrible at video games, but everyone was playing them so I HAD to join in ...

Now I only see "kids" of various ages playing them, so that is how I learn about them.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Oh wow ghost, you're so young!! :shock:

Thanks for that dance comparison. I haven't seen the full movie yet, but I'd love an HD upgrade of the short, I could definitely watch it again.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:59 am Oh wow ghost, you're so young!! :shock:
:lol:

Or maybe :icon_old than the two of us put together? :mrgreen: (OK, maybe not that, but certainly no spring chicken either.) Surely he is aware of Pong. Maybe even Space Invaders. (I was terrible at those, just like all the other games. Once Donkey Kong came out, it was then too complicated for me.)

I watched that dance clip on a continuous loop for about 40 minutes today. There is an old cliche that "you can not improve on perfection" but I think that both
(1) That scene in the short film was PERFECT, and
(2) The new version in the movie was even better.
Logic be damned!

Fatima had clearly grown a little and her dancing and gymnastics skills had improved in the two year interval. They were also able to afford to hire some professional dancers in the roles of the bowling-lane dancers. Not just the director's friends!

The only recycled footage I am certain of is the barflies dance-rotating on their stools. That portion is cut slightly differently (and in different spots in the videos), but it is almost certainly from the same shoot. I think that the toe-tapping bowling shoes are also from the original shoot.

I also watched both the short and the movie, just once each. Overall I still prefer the short, although there are some scenes in the movie that are really, really good. I was especially pleased that my niece was readily willing to watch it with me, when I had convinced her last year to watch the short -- and she remembered it!! :heart Normally she says "What movie was that? Are you SURE I watched it?"
miih

Post by miih »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:09 pm You now what ? I just wtched [REL] Before I Disappear (2014) again yesterday. What a great movie!

And now I also wanted this short film in Full HD.

After the magic:
Curfew (2012).1080p.5.1.short.mkv

English subs if you should need some:
Curfew (2012).1080p.5.1.short.srt

OMG! The dance on the bowling alley is so amazing (in both versions).
Thank you very much! This is certainly one of my favorite short films.
For some reason I could not download the subtitle file. :(
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

I don't know, why you couldn't get them. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I had the same non-downloading experience for the subtitle. The hash for the attachment is totally different from the hash as posted. Maybe you opened it in SubtitleEdit and saved it with some slight change like an additional space?

Anyway, thanks again!
ghost
Site Admin

Night457 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:24 pm I had the same non-downloading experience for the subtitle. The hash for the attachment is totally different from the hash as posted. Maybe you opened it in SubtitleEdit and saved it with some slight change like an additional space?

Anyway, thanks again!
Indeed. :think

I updated the ed2k link.