Which actress?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
uggla

Which actress?

Post by uggla »   1 likes

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Which actress?

Post by Night457 »   6 likes

1. Margaret O'Brien at the Ingleside Inn c. 1945
2. Natalie Wood age 6 (1944 or 1945).
3. Natalie Wood in "Miracle on 34th Street" 1947.
4. Natalie Wood family photo, copyright 1955 by Columbia Pictures but taken much earlier. (Really her? According to Pinterest, anyway.)
5. Virginia Weidler publicity photo, date unknown.
(It says her name right at the bottom!)
6. Claudette Colbert!!!!! (with Melvyn Douglas and a young Edith Fellows, who you probably meant) in publicity photo for "She Married Her Boss" 1935.
7. Patty McCormack in "The Bad Seed" 1956

So what prize do I get? :mrgreen:
uggla

Post by uggla »   1 likes

number-one.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:46 am 1. Margaret O'Brien at the Ingleside Inn c. 1945
4. Natalie Wood family photo, copyright 1955 by Columbia Pictures but taken much earlier. (Really her? According to Pinterest, anyway.)
6. Claudette Colbert!!!!! (with Melvyn Douglas and a young Edith Fellows, who you probably meant) in publicity photo for "She Married Her Boss" 1935.

Edith fellows is cute!
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:46 am 1. Margaret O'Brien at the Ingleside Inn c. 1945

[Image]

I'm impressed. :o
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

reptile12 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:28 am Edith fellows is cute!
[Image]
She was the one actress there I really did not know at all. The others, I have seen their films. I absolutely know Claudette Colbert, the biggest Hollywood star of the lot. (Only Natalie Wood comes close.) But She Married Her Boss (1935) I had not even heard of! I will have to hunt it down.

Edith also had a major role as poor orphan girl Patsy in Bing Crosby's Pennies from Heaven (1936), so that's another one I can watch. It seems to have FLM interest:
Larry Poole, in prison on a false charge, promise an inmate that when he gets out he will look up and help out a family. The family turns out to be a young girl, Patsy Smith, and her elderly grandfather who need lots of help. This delays Larry from following his dream and going to Venice and becoming a gondolier. Instead he becomes a street singer and, while singing in the street, meets a pretty welfare worker, Susan Sprague. She takes a dim view of Patsy's welfare under the guardianship of Larry and her grandfather, and starts proceedings to have Patsy placed in an orphanage.
Bing as a singer? Imagine that!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night! That was impressive!

Were you able to identify the photos right away, just by looking at them? Did you have to do any fancy reverse image searching?

If you're interested, I found Pennies from Heaven full DVD5 available at a torrent site I mentioned before. It appears to have healthy seeders.

1337x has a 1.36gb dvdrip.

Rutracker has multiple options as well.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Don't be too impressed, I used mostly non-fancy reverse image search for about 10 minutes even when I knew the actresses' faces. Names elude me more often now. I would certainly not be able to pin down ages and years! #7 I recognized that still but named a totally different movie released the year before. (Nothing worse than a completely confident wrong answer!)

Natalie Wood ... :heart ... I was shocked that there was that one young photo where I did not recognize her!

Thanks for the torrent options!
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:05 pm
reptile12 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:28 am Edith fellows is cute!
[Image]
She was the one actress there I really did not know at all. The others, I have seen their films. I absolutely know Claudette Colbert, the biggest Hollywood star of the lot. (Only Natalie Wood comes close.) But She Married Her Boss (1935) I had not even heard of! I will have to hunt it down.
She Married her Boss is on eMule. If you don't already have it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thanks! I only had the movie bookmarked but had not searched for it yet.