[REL] Ba-Bi AKA Barbie (2011)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ba-Bi AKA Barbie (2011)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

How comes that we were searching for the same movie today??? :shock: :o

I found it in 1080p on Amazon Prime Video Japan, but it has Japanese hardcoded sibtitles in all spoken parts of the film.

Thanks for the corrected subs!
Kissonline

Post by Kissonline »   17 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.21 Gb]
[Image]
I found a 1080p version, but the source is embedded with Chinese subtitles, which seems to be a torrent of resources uploaded and shared by users from China :)
Hope to share with everyone :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:How comes that we were searching for the same movie today??? :shock: :o
Well, I know MY reasons! With my faster internet, I have been torrenting like mad. One of my high priorities was seeing if I could upgrade any or all Kim Sae-ron films from my DVDs to 1080p or thereabouts. I have had some of them for a few weeks now, but I did not want to start my watching marathon until I had them all lined up. I figured one movie a day is good, two if I am full of energy. After watching and correcting subtitles, I will FLM-release any upgrades as appropriate.

Sae-ron turned 21 this July 31st, so not only is she well past her FLM years, she is an FLM Granny. So I am kind of nostalgic for the films of her childhood. Mind you, she is still playing highschoolers on TV. She needs to graduate from that, I think.

Today I was set to release what I had for Barbie on FLM if need be, but when I actually checked I found that what was here already was just as good. In fact, identical. I got it from Uloz but it hashed the same as petra's RELease. Well stupid me.

The Uloz link was damn difficult to find because it was buried under the mountain of ACTUAL 'Barbie' crap.

The OTHER file that I saw you were getting earlier today from eMule you were getting in part from me! Since 9/21, I only got 21% and the one source was last eMuling on 10/6. There are only BITS every few days, and there are others trying for it. I finally thought to check the Details. An alternate Name for this file is "Barbie (Lee Sang-woo 2011)(DVDrip Xvid MP3)(Korean-English)(Subs Eng-Spa).mkv" so now I realize that it is NOT going to be better quality.

I have spent enough time on FLM that I have noticed that when people bump old threads, even without an upgrade they get other people interested in 'forgotten' movies -- even the FLM oldtimers who would have read the original posts. People's tastes in films change with time. So, I am sharing my enthusiasm for Sae-ron. Someone who skipped over her films before might enjoy them now. Plus, there are always lots of newer members like me.
I found it in 1080p on Amazon Prime Video Japan, but it has Japanese hardcoded sibtitles in all spoken parts of the film.
Korean partial hardcoded subs! Japanese hardcoded subs! Chinese hardcoded subs! I have other versions with English hardcoded subs on top of some other language's hardcoded subs! (Turkish, if I remember right.) Jeez, how about just the film for once?!??

Kissonline, even with the embedded subs I am getting your 1080p file. Thank you!
ghost
Site Admin

I think the original one is the versionn with the Korean subs in the English speaking parts.

Well... We have this 720p file, but its bitrate is just very low and you clearly can see much compression artefacts :(

I just got Topaz begin to work on a better 1080p version... Now, patience is needed. :cry:
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:I think the original one is the versionn with the Korean subs in the English speaking parts.
That is petra's / Uloz version at least. My Korean DVD has optional complete English or Korean subtitles AND Korean hardsubs for the English dialog. If you choose the optional Korean, then there are double Korean subtitles for those parts! I would not be surprised if those Korean subtitles are burned into the master and still present in both the Japanese and Chinese-subtitled versions!
I just got Topaz begin to work on a better 1080p version... Now, patience is needed.
I could go for that! I just watched it yesterday, so I can have patience anyway.
petra

Post by petra »   1 likes

https://www1.dramanice.site also has the Queens classroom.
The Barbie I posted had hardcoded English subs.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   23 likes

This one seems to be the best quality version. It's in 720p and with English and Spanish softcoded subtitles:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.20 Gb]

But the download is very slow and only one complete source. It could be faster if some more people would download the file.. So please help us ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:This one seems to be the best quality version. It's in 720p and with English and Spanish softcoded subtitles: ...
But the download is very slow and only one complete source. It could be faster if some more people would download the file.. So please help us ;)
Wait ... what? This is the one where I am stuck at 21% It never occurred to me that there would be enough to do a Preview! But I don't get enough to actually see beyond the opening credits. How can you tell it is any better than the other 720p file? It is bigger, but it is an AVI and they do seem to be less compressed than mp4 or mkv. It would not play enough for me to get an average bitrate.

And what I really do not get: if it is a dvdrip, how is it 720p? Those don't go together. PAL-DVD can be 576, and I thought that was the maximum.

I think it will be faster if we find the one source and pay for him to have faster internet. :D

Hey Kissonline, I got your 1080p version and it looks very nice! I also saw that while it has the hardcoded Chinese subtitles, it does NOT have the Korean hardsubtitles also. So that means that SOMEBODY, somewhere has a clean-print 1080p file and they are not sharing, the stinkers.
ghost
Site Admin

Avi? I get it as an MKV. I think the name is just wrong. It's not a DVD-Rip, I could do a preview so far and it looks pretty good. It's really HD.

Well, I would say, that this file is my favourite.

The 1080p with Chinese subs looks good, but has a wrong framerate. Movements look jerky :(
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:Avi? I get it as an MKV.
Sorry, I must be on crack. It is an MKV. I am getting all these versions confused....
I think the name is just wrong. It's not a DVD-Rip, I could do a preview so far and it looks pretty good. It's really HD.
You mean they LIED?!?!

Hmmmph.

Your previewer is better than mine. I am glad I did not cancel the file! I'll let it sit...