eMule for Android?

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
GOTJ13

eMule for Android?

Post by GOTJ13 »   1 likes

In the past I did receive much invaluable help with setting up and using eMule...It brought me much "on-topic" rewards. Of course, I was using a P.C. then . I am now using an Android tab (tablet), and have been searching for a version of eMule that will run on this tablet.

BT. .. took me hours to find the site using ;) invasive Google - it helped a little having "Arvácska" in the Search string!
mimzy

Re: eMule for Android?

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

Great that you are back!

Hope you won't decide to oblivion again; it was quite a lot of work for Phuzzy to edit you out ;)

Regarding emule, you could install the LilDebi package and thereafter you can (theoretically) install aMule with "apt-get install amule" as usual. This requires a certain level of Linux know-how.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Welcome back, GOTJ13! Nice to see you again.
GOTJ13

Post by GOTJ13 »   1 likes

Tanks, Phuzzy and Mimzy. I appreciate all the onerous editing work, Phuzzy.
I know nothing about Linux! :-)
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

GOTJ13 wrote:I know nothing about Linux! :-)
In this case you may try some of these:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ed2k
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=emule

(Note: most seem to be GUIs that are used for controlling an eMule client running on a PC.)

I assume you have a cable or DSL connection (with a wireless router). If you only have mobile, you are probably out of luck.

I'm not a regular Android user, but I've played with it a little bit. IMO, the best thing about Android is that it is using the Linux kernel, so installing Linux on any Android phone (parallel to Android itself) is quite easy (if you can unlock/root the phone), even without an installer like LilDeb. I was able to run also graphical Linux applications using VNC server on the Linux side and VNC viewer app on the Android side.

aMule (the multi-platform eMule client) has a daemon mode where you can control it with a web browser, so you could control it with Android web browser instead of using VNC. That would be quite cool. Using aMule Remote would be also possible. I haven't tried this myself yet.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Almost all eMule clients have a webserver interface, so if you can run eMule on a PC or laptop, you should be able to control it remotely using any web browser.

Btw. what kind of storage does your tablet have?
GOTJ13

Post by GOTJ13 »   0 likes

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I think I'll wait until my pc comes in during the next two Weeks!

The tablet has 8gb of total device capacity, with 3.9gb of available space; I also have a 15th SO card mounted.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

With that kind of space, don't even bother. When you do get your PC, be sure to try out the webserver. Very handy to keep tabs on your eMule when you're away from the PC.
NRJ

Post by NRJ »   0 likes

I haven't used eMule, in a very very long time. I have a tablet now, and using mule for Android. It's been so long, that I can't remember how to use eMule. I need help. I'm trying to download l'enfant d'eau, but keep saying waiting sources. I have made on, but I have no idea what that function was for. I've dled servers from eMule security. What else am I missing?