[REL] Just William TV Series (2010)

emuler

[REL] Just William TV Series (2010)

Post by emuler »   12 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1804877/

I adore the Just William stories, they are so funny and charming and one of my favourite childhood memories is listening to Martin Jarvis narrating the stories on the cassette tapes, he reads them so perfectly. This series is absolutely wonderful, but it is such a shame that there may not be more as this series deserves more and the fact it was scheduled at midday when not many will be watching. Thank goodness though I recorded it, and a lot of people who I showed Just William to loved it as well.

The story lines of the show are just as witty and as charming as the ones in the books, I loved the part when William mangles Shakespeare, and sticks to the spirit of the stories. And the writing is excellent, I have run out of times of how much I laughed at the dialogue, and the situations are even better. The pace I have no problem with either, and the direction is adroit. Then there is the period detail, when it comes to the photography, scenery, costumes and location work Just William is visually very beautiful. The music is quirky and nostalgic too.

I loved the acting. Daniel Roche captures the essence and character of mischievous yet endearing William Brown perfectly, while Lily James and Henry Melling are charming as his parents and Warren Clarke and Caroline Quentin are great contrasts as the Botts. Isabella Blake-Thomas also perfectly captures her character of Violet Elizabeth. Oh, and for other fans of the cassette tapes, Martin Jarvis is narrator and he is of course magnificent.

All in all, a wonderful series that I wish lasted longer and shown at a different time to when it was, it was a real treat and better than some of what aired after the watershed during the festive season(save a few exceptions such as Eric and Ernie) and what have you. 10/10 Bethany Cox
This is based on a series of books - mostly about boys. Haven't watched the other episodes yet, but the first episode was fun. I'll post the other three episodes too, but they might well be off topic.

The Sweet Little Girl in White
1950s schoolboy William Brown and his gang the Outlaws are forever getting in and out of scrapes,including trespassing at Croombe Hall,recently acquired by parvenu table sauce tycoon Mr. Bott and his cheery,expansive wife. They have a lisping,sweetly beribboned six year old daughter Violet Elizabeth,with whom a reluctant William is encouraged to play. He is mortified when she shows up in front of the gang demanding to join in their games,getting herself joyfully covered in mud. Her distraught mother reports her missing and,when William and the Outlaws return her, they are declared heroes and duly rewarded.

FLM interest: Isabella Blake-Thomas http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3549573

[Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [231.63 Mb]
emuler

Re: [REL] Just William TV Series (2010)

Post by emuler »   8 likes

Episode 2 Parrots for Ethel
A visit from African explorer Uncle Neville prompts William into giving a lecture on 'Interestin' Animals' but with only a dead mouse as a prop he finds himself woefully short of creatures to illustrate his talk. Until sister Ethel's rival boy-friends George and Hector both bring parrots to cheer her up when she has suspected measles. Finding the birds left in the garden lead William to believe that a well-wisher has brought them for his talk but when the boys want their gifts back they find that William drives a very hard bargain.

[Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [231.71 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   6 likes

Episode 3 The School Report
Already unhappy as his friend Bob Andrews,the Botts' gardener,has been sacked,a bad school report does nothing to lift William's spirits. Efforts to forge a better report are no more successful than his initial attempt to blackmail Mr. Bott into reinstating Bob. However Mr. Bott's failure to keep up the strict slimming regime imposed by his wife plays into William's hands - as does the opportunity to rescue visiting Aunt Augusta,lost in the woods, by creating a unique paper trail.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [303.18 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   11 likes

Episode 4 William Holds The Stage
William is not keen to take part in a school competition to stage the best scene from 'Hamlet' until he sees it as an opportunity to impress the tomboyish Dorinda, so he is annoyed when class swot Dalrymple gets the name part and he is relegated to being a spear carrier. With Dorinda in the opening night audience and only minutes to go before the curtain rises William has to think fast to make an impression the whole audience will remember.

FLM interest: Lottie Bell http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4248273/?ref_=tt_cl_t12 a two TV episode wonder - vanished after that.

[Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [301.56 Mb]