[REL] Le Printemps (1972)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Le Printemps (1972)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: The disc contains French audio with English subtitles. Picture quality is top notch, on par with DVD releases of recent material.
I was expecting more bonus content on the DVD.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
deadman wrote: The disc contains French audio with English subtitles. Picture quality is top notch, on par with DVD releases of recent material.
I was expecting more bonus content on the DVD.
With movies from before the home video era, it's a grab bag. They weren't saving deleted scenes or creating BTS documentaries as they went along in anticipation of the DVD/bluray release the way they do now.

What you have to work with depends on what's preserved in the studio vault. It can be a lot or absolutely nothing. Sometimes the final cut is all that survives. At least that's generally in good condition and available for remastering. Considering more material is often cut from scenes than what we see, it would be great if you could access the raw footage from this film and others posted here. I have no doubt we could make some really amazing extended cuts. 8-)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

This looks interesting. Haven't looked much into the synopsis yet, but I like stories about girls, even if she splits the movie with another. Thanks for the DVD deadman and thanks for the upgrade, ghost!