[REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Ziggy Plock

Re: [REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

after much digging I did find some info on Alexandra, and this took quite some time to find. First, I tried to find the info on Martial's 2nd wife (born 5 years before her estimated birth year of 1962) , which is not easy. Her name is almost ungoogleable, even when I knew had seen it before. I hoped to find something like " his second wife is so and so, but his first wife was .....".
I finally remembered that wife 2 made some sort art piece called Les Garcons and that did the trick.
I then learned that "his wife" in French is not ONLY [i]"sa femme"[/i] but also "épouse"
With that keyword, I sort of found out that his first wife's name was France Raysse. Which is YUGEly annoying because googling that, just gave me a lot of crap about the country of France, and him. Finally, by adding keyword "née" I saw that her maiden name is Cristini. She obviously doesn't have a wikipedia page, not in French nor in English. And a long time after trying various things, I found a tribute to wife no. 1:

https://chezlolagassin.com/adieu-france/
https://www-artcotedazur-fr.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
read it. Or not.

There's some info here, https://www.mylife.com/alexandra-raysse/e700098173016 but the website is broken?

It was weird, because, it was all about France , but something as simple as a birth year for Alexandra's mother? Not there. But both her sister and her daughter were bitching about something the tribute giver said, that Martial did not appreciate his first wife's art. They both claimed it was not so. The blog writer then complained that Alexandra and her aunt were so "inelegant" to NOT leave their address or whatever. Oh well.
This was the most substantial info i could find on both of them.

So, it sadly did not produce the info I sought, as in, her birth date, and filming and production dates. But i'm hopeful.
Last edited by Ziggy Plock on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

Night457 wrote: I myself will not download 47GB full blu-ray copies, or 85GB full 4kUHD disc copies. Nuh-uh, won't do it! But they are online, so SOME folks do.
Won't do that neither. This, to me is a hedonistic and immoral waste of bandwidth, disk space and energy and thus CO2.

some people still watch movies on their big TVs
I dó do that, too.

What you must realize is that the original source for many movies here and elsewhere online is ... DUN DUN DUN! ... blu-ray.
I think these days, it's netflix .
If you compare DVD with blu-ray,
I watch on a 32 inch TV (to some that's small) via laptop. Old fashioned, so a via a physical HDMI cable. Anyone who claims there's difference between my 900KBPS 960x540 vids and some blue ray ... is whining, imho.

The artist is the famous one here, not his family.
the thing is, she WAS very famous too.
(An artist doing that!??! Really??!?)
Come, come, all this mock indignation is very provincial. It's not as if non-artist males do NOT do that, marrying with great age differences. Have you ever seen a Mormon? Or any Xtian community? Warren Jeffs, anyone?

His 2nd wife is 21 years younger. It's big but not huge. I'm sure you can think of at least one similar couple in your surroundings.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:I'm one of those folks who do - at least for movies I consider worth having in that quality. Even the biggest external drives will fill up if you collect too many of them. I'm selective in what I retain.
I read blu-ray forums where several members buy their discs then immediately rip them uncompressed to a hard drive, and watch everything from that. Their entire collection is on hard drives, with the actual disc as a backup. A 1Tb drive for $60, that would hold about 25-30 discs. That is about how many movies I download in 2-3 weeks! That's an awful lot of drives. Being selective - as you say - is definitely the smart way to do it. I think the maximum size I've downloaded is 30 Gb, and I think I ended up ditching that file. I have a couple that are around 25 Gb I have kept.

I like your full DVD copies, deadman, and they are still small enough for me to handle!

If I had actually HEARD of "Martial Raysse" several years back when the DVD was widely available, that is exactly the sort of oddball movie release I probably would have imported directly from Amazon.fr, just as I have for a few other movies. Sorry I missed out!
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:If I had actually HEARD of "Martial Raysse" several years back when the DVD was widely available, that is exactly the sort of oddball movie release I probably would have imported directly from Amazon.fr, just as I have for a few other movies. Sorry I missed out!
You and me both! By the time I was aware of this movie, it was already out of print and expensive. :sneaky1
Ziggy Plock

not me ever. The last thing I did was copy all 60 episode of "The Wire" (best show everrrr) onto 5 DVD's, but other than that, in the sense of retaining stuff, no, I don't do it with DVD's nor CD's. I should, perhaps, because the average life of any HDD is like 5 years if I'm lucky. But I don't. In fact, I'm looking to buy a VCR, to transfer stuff my vid collection onto ye olde 5400rpm HDD. I must have a copy of "Der Richter und das mädchen" with Jana Drücker somewhere on tape.
[Image]
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
Night457 wrote:What you must realize is that the original source for many movies here and elsewhere online is ... DUN DUN DUN! ... blu-ray.
I think these days, it's netflix .
Many of the movies we share here would never be shown on Netflix. Beau-père (1981), Child Bride (1938), Het Debuut (1977), La Tutora (2016), Nana (1982) - those are just a few of the movies I've posted from a blu-ray source that I would be shocked to see on any mass market streaming platform. As for DVDs: Schatjes! (1984), Laura (1979), L'immoralità (1978), Sara (1997), Maladolescenza (1977), Emanuelle's Daughter (1980) ... you won't be streaming any of those movies, ever, unless hell actually descends into an ice age and freezes solid.

Physical media is (and will remain) a critical part of gaining access to material mainstream outlets won't offer anymore.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Great detective work, Ziggy! Thanks for sharing the information you found.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:With that keyword, I sort of found out that his first wife's name was France Raysse. Which is YUGEly annoying because googling that, just gave me a lot of crap about the country of France, and him. Finally, by adding keyword "née" I saw that her maiden name is Cristini. She obviously doesn't have a wikipedia page, not in French nor in English. And a long time after trying various things, I found a tribute to wife no. 1:

https://chezlolagassin.com/adieu-france/
https://www-artcotedazur-fr.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
read it. Or not.

There's some info here, https://www.mylife.com/alexandra-raysse/e700098173016 but the website is broken?
That's one of those personal information, "background check" type websites. You have to get a paying membership to see full reports. But it looks like you may have the right person. If this is her, and Alexandra's DOB is 04/23/1959, she would've been 13 (or close) in the movie. She doesn't look like she could have been that old. Of course, there may have been a year or two between filming and the release date. That often happens especially with indie flicks. I guess you didn't find any production info. IMDb doesn't have any either, nor (it seems) does anyone else. Looked for interviews with Martial Raysse, nothing about when Le grand départ was filmed or his daughter's age at the time.

Thanks for being our clever investigative reporter! I wasn't able to find a damn thing on her.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
"he says in the film he is 10 years old, seeing his physical form would be correct if he agrees with that of a girl his age, "
Since Alexandra is a girl, I'm guessing you mean :
she says in the film she is 10 years old, seeing her physical form would be correct if he agrees with that of a girl her age
..... or ???
The translation that I use from google is what gives me the result of the translation and I know that the AI is not perfect because given the languages you have many variants it is not the same if it is American or British and the same if the way of speaking it in NYC or in Texas and that's what happens here because when I translate my language is not perfect either, once I thought that when I was commenting on a movie about a cat that I don't remember now (Kevin Spacey turns into a cat and his daughter looks like Dakota Johnson ) the translator thought 'he wrote very badly' but they reassured me that they could understand.
Ziggy Plock wrote:
The odd thing is, there's also no info on her mother, not even a name. He married some woman, who was born in 1957, which, given that she must've had a birth date around 1962, makes it kind of impossible to be Alexandra's mother. Even if 5 year old could get preggo, how would have they even met?
If his wife was born in 1957 it does not mean that she is the mother of 'Innocence', for that she would have to be at least 21 years old and that indicates at the beginning of 1980 they would have already been married and for a painter or filmmaker they would have already 'eaten' many of his models... and who knows in the 60's he procreated 'Innocence'.

In my country there are programs where many times they tell the biography and perhaps there is some note about Martial Raysse and if they haven't done it there is still time.

In that search I discovered that Raysse is not a filmmaker but a painter and this film is nothing more than his work but in movement, to be more exact, a painting that lasts 70 minutes.
Ziggy Plock

Sully23 wrote:The translation that I use from google is what gives me the result of the translation
of course. Sorry for giving you crap about that, I'm a teacher, so it comes naturally. It wasn't my place. Translategoogle, when translating from Roman to Germanic languages, has trouble translating the gender neutral "sa" into the proper "his" or "her".

Here is one more site who gives her a birth date in April 59. I can't get google to reproduce the earlier search result. There's very little consistency in search results when one uses the same keywords. Depending on browser, it's version, the OS, the results vary enormously, and from day by day, it seems.

Alexandra would've been 13 years, 6 month's and 23 days by release date. But when principal photography took place, is anyone's guess. Anywhere from 11 to 13, I think. And saying "she didn't look 13" is not a real argument. Anybody could look like anything. I've personally met women who looked 12 when they went to uni, only when they started talking did you notice their age.

Screenshot:
[Image]

And here's a link, but it doesn't give a birth date. I will try to recreate the earlier google result.
https://www.smartbackgroundchecks.com/p ... ZmDmBQV1At
Last edited by Ziggy Plock on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Image]