[REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:Is there any definite information on Alexandre's Raysse birth date?
There is not much information about Alexandre Raysse, not even on the part of father Martial Raysse or his family life, according to the portal https://sensitivecontent.info/actor.php?id=25178 he says in the film he is 10 years old, seeing his physical form would be correct if he agrees with that of a girl his age, that If we analyze for the time of its filming, it would be around 9yr -11yr, very surely it would have been born between 1960 and 1962.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

"he says in the film he is 10 years old, seeing his physical form would be correct if he agrees with that of a girl his age, "
Since Alexandra is a girl, I'm guessing you mean :
she says in the film she is 10 years old, seeing her physical form would be correct if he agrees with that of a girl her age
..... or ???
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Many FLM members have English as a second language with varying levels of proficiency and/or will use Google translate in order to post. One of the first things that gets garbled in translation is gendered pronouns. So yes: she/her etc. You figured it out, so it's not that big a deal.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

No birthday is listed anywhere I could find for Alexandra Raysse. She never pursued a career in acting beyond doing this film with her father Martial Raysse. But she was almost certainly ten years old here, as claimed.

There's a DVD release of Le grand départ, as part of a collector's set, but the most "reasonable" price I could find for it was here:

https://www.amazon.fr/Martial-Raysse-Co ... B001GAQQOM

184,90 € - are you shitting me? They must be out of their minds. Maybe because he's a famous artist, they think his DVDs will end up fetching millions at auction like a Van Gogh. Usually old discs come down in price but occasionally one will skyrocket. Not always clear why. I was initially planning to order this and post the full disc (with my own inverted true color rip) but at this price, think I'll pass. Sorry folks!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

It's out of print and rare, that's all it takes. It does not matter how good it is or how readily available it is to torrent.

Hounddog blu-ray $180
I Want You DVD $999.99
Enchanted Journey DVD $1019.65
Bear in the Big Blue House DVD $1757.36

Of course these are private sellers with single copies and those copies just sit unsold.
Don't even look at anime sets, which are always expensive even when they are still in print.

Code: Select all

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185254042544?epid=71999913&hash=item2b22005bb0:g:s7AAAOSwC0Fh3z-a
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174734141955?hash=item28aef76a03:g:rgcAAOSwVopgeSDh
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265445408641?epid=6469373&hash=item3dcdc77f81:g:AA8AAOSw1CBhsvHm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274836778017?epid=3437335&hash=item3ffd8c6c21:g:OaQAAOSw8BNgy4~J
I had no luck looking for a Martial Raysse torrent.
Ziggy Plock

Night457 wrote:Many FLM members have English as a second language with varying levels of proficiency and/or will use Google translate in order to post. One of the first things that gets garbled in translation is gendered pronouns. So yes: she/her etc. You figured it out, so it's not that big a deal.
What I wanted to say was: Are you French or Italian, because they don't distinguish between his and her all that much. And neither do the online translation bots.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

deadman wrote:No birthday is listed anywhere I could find for Alexandra Raysse. She never pursued a career in acting beyond doing this film with her father Martial Raysse. But she was almost certainly ten years old here, as claimed.
The odd thing is, there's also no info on her mother, not even a name. He married some woman, who was born in 1957, which, given that she must've had a birth date around 1962, makes it kind of impossible to be Alexandra's mother. Even if 5 year old could get preggo, how would have they even met?

I was initially planning to order this and post the full disc (with my own inverted true color rip) but at this price, think I'll pass. Sorry folks!
Since it's downloadable, I'm a little confused now? 3 versions on uloz, of which two are HQ ...
Last edited by Ziggy Plock on Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

Night457 wrote:It's out of print and rare, that's all it takes. It does not matter how good it is or how readily available it is to torrent.

Hounddog blu-ray $180 .
Hounddog is heavily overrated, as far as OT goes.
Blue ray is overrated and useless to the tablet / laptop crowd.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:Since it's downloadable, I'm a little confused now? 3 versions on uloz, of which two are HQ ...
I see only two versions of the 1972 film, and both are 1024x576. The source is likely a PAL DVD, which is what deadman wants to have, if it were a reasonable price! (The entire Martial Raysse DVD set was only 30 euros when newly released.) deadman likes to post FULL DISCS, the original DVD that has not been reprocessed into a smaller file and therefore has no quality loss. It would likely be up to 4.7GB, or more if dual-layered. Naturally there are issues for many people because of storage space and bandwidth, so smaller files are preferred by them. It's a choice. I myself will not download 47GB full blu-ray copies, or 85GB full 4kUHD disc copies. Nuh-uh, won't do it! But they are online, so SOME folks do.
Blue ray is overrated and useless to the tablet / laptop crowd.
Them's fightin' words, mister! :P If someone really wants they can pay for a blu-ray drive in their laptop. (Not me.) Or as an external drive. But believe it or not, some people still watch movies on their big TVs, not their little laptops or phone screens. Personally I watch all my movies on a TV, not my laptop. I will watch lower quality versions if that is all that is available, but I prefer the highest quality I can get.

For Hounddog and the other movies, the COST of these particular discs makes them ridiculous. I happily take ... online sources. What you must realize is that the original source for many movies here and elsewhere online is ... DUN DUN DUN! ... blu-ray. Somebody buys and rips and compresses a blu-ray and then (shock! horror! call the police!) shares it online. So no blu-ray means no source and no sharing.

If you compare DVD with blu-ray, then yes if you watch it on a 12" computer screen you likely will not see much difference in quality. But heck, I watched movies on a bigger TV than that back in the 1980's, and I just keep going bigger and bigger and bigger ... My issue is my eyesight getting worse and worse, so I know I am not seeing any version in its best quality.

I don't know your sources for Martial Raysse biographical info but I believe you. As for his family, it is much easier for people born pre-Internet to NOT have their bios online. It takes a dedicated newshound to dig it up and post it, and there just is not the motivation to do that when the person is not famous. (The artist is the famous one here, not his family.) Most importantly, while he may have married "some woman" at some time, that is not necessarily the mother of his child. He may have multiple children. He may have had multiple wives. He may have had relationships with women who were decades younger than he was. (An artist doing that!??! Really??!?) He may have had children with women who were not his wives. I can just about guarantee that any woman born in 1957 is not the mother of Alexandra!
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:I see only two versions of the 1972 film, and both are 1024x576. The source is likely a PAL DVD, which is what deadman wants to have, if it were a reasonable price! (The entire Martial Raysse DVD set was only 30 euros when newly released.) deadman likes to post FULL DISCS, the original DVD that has not been reprocessed into a smaller file and therefore has no quality loss. It would likely be up to 4.7GB, or more if dual-layered. Naturally there are issues for many people because of storage space and bandwidth, so smaller files are preferred by them. It's a choice. I myself will not download 47GB full blu-ray copies, or 85GB full 4kUHD disc copies. Nuh-uh, won't do it! But they are online, so SOME folks do.
I'm one of those folks who do - at least for movies I consider worth having in that quality. Even the biggest external drives will fill up if you collect too many of them. I'm selective in what I retain.

Yep, all the rips posted so far are around 1.2 GB, so the video was inverted and then re-encoded at that size. Other DVD rips in the same range are of noticeably less quality than the original disc so I assume that's the case here as well. If anyone on this site happens to own a copy of the Martial Raysse disc with this movie on it, please post an .iso for us! The current price is excessive and I assume it won't be coming down. The only way we'll ever see a better rip - or a version AI enhanced to HD - is with the .vob files from the DVD as our source material.

Night457 wrote:I don't know your sources for Martial Raysse biographical info but I believe you. As for his family, it is much easier for people born pre-Internet to NOT have their bios online. It takes a dedicated newshound to dig it up and post it, and there just is not the motivation to do that when the person is not famous. (The artist is the famous one here, not his family.) Most importantly, while he may have married "some woman" at some time, that is not necessarily the mother of his child. He may have multiple children. He may have had multiple wives. He may have had relationships with women who were decades younger than he was. (An artist doing that!??! Really??!?) He may have had children with women who were not his wives. I can just about guarantee that any woman born in 1957 is not the mother of Alexandra!
Alexandra must either have been a child from a previous relationship/marriage or the woman he married had a stepdaughter from a prior marriage of her own. Artists and musicians tend to have complicated histories. Shocking, I know. Multiple marriages, long running affairs, children fathered in one night stands with fans or groupies, and so on. These days everything plays out on social media. Different times. A little girl from the early 70's who spent the weekend making a movie with daddy but never actually went into acting? It's no great shock you can't dig up much info on her today. She didn't grow up on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, posting all the details of her daily life for posterity.