[REL] Fly Away Home (1996)

emuler

Re: [REL] Fly Away Home (1996)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:49 am Thanks! Love the precociousness-innocence of Paquin in this one :thumbsup
ghost wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:19 pm I just watched Fly Away Home ....
Nice movie :) As I remember the scene has tape :wall , I'm sure your software would see it ghost, maybe it could even remove it lol 8-) But anyway, still a good Sunday afternoon movie :)
Which scene would that be? :think
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yeah, which tape?
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

The scene where she is in the bath and the guy walks in and she jumps out the bath, it's like a skin textured tape, I think, now you have me wondering lol It's in the Fly Away Home movie not this one
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:21 pm The scene where she is in the bath and the guy walks in and she jumps out the bath, it's like a skin textured tape, I think, now you have me wondering lol It's in the Fly Away Home movie not this one
Hmmm. I can't see anything of her "body" and therefore not any tape. But maybe I'm just blind. :?
Rich_Visiting

ghost wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:38 pm
Rich_Visiting wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:21 pm The scene where she is in the bath and the guy walks in and she jumps out the bath, it's like a skin textured tape, I think, now you have me wondering lol It's in the Fly Away Home movie not this one
Hmmm. I can't see anything of her "body" and therefore not any tape. But maybe I'm just blind. :?
It's more likely my memory :lol: I'm sure I remember it though, can't see anything anyway because of the tape. Maybe it was in an earlier version or something. Or I could be going crazy :eyecrazy Would be worth checking VHS just to confirm, but as I say nothing is seen anyway :-?
Rich_Visiting

Hmm I did a little digging and could not find the scene in the shower, not sure what I am remembering, false alarm :oops: ... dammit I remember some tape in that scene from the VHS :lol: nevermind :wall
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 pmIt's more likely my memory
I had JUST watched Fly Away Home for the first time ever and was waiting for you to come back and explain yourself, because I could not figure out what you meant, even after reviewing it carefully. I was supposing a maebari like Brooke wore in at least one scene of PB, but I did not want to assume too much.

It is about 40 minutes in, by the way. I still don't know what the hell she is screaming about. Soap in her eyes? Scalded with hot water? She does not seem too concerned about the goslings getting scalded, however. Then she finally gets out of the glass-enclosed shower booth and is STILL screaming. Please shut up. It was perfectly reasonable for her father to break down the locked door, the goslings could have been pecking her to death or something! His explanation is the "compressor." So the water pressure was too high, and she was screaming because of that? And all she says to her stepmom when he leaves is "He is so weird!" Well yeah, trying to kill yourself with aviation stunts immediately after bringing home your traumatized daughter from a car accident that killed her mother, kinda weird.

It is certainly possible that early releases of the movie were edited slightly differently (showing adhesive that was not intended to be seen) so you are not necessarily "going crazy" Rich!
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

Well, I never had a need to explain myself, everything I say, and have ever said is always from the heart, so if I say something wrong or fuck up (like we all do) then I would say sorry of course. Further, that is an awesome decomposition of the situation 8-) It seems you certainly have an intricacy to detail which in this line of work is much needed :thumbsup Ok, the beer is kicking in but I 100% saw some tape in this movie :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I only wanted an explanation of what you meant, not an apology if it turned out you were mistaken! I don't trust my own memory and my eyesight is getting poorer and poorer. It is not hard to confuse one movie with another, either. We have all seen so many of them, right? I just wanted to know if you were noticing something that I did not, and what that something was.

I frequent a site where members post blu-ray screencaps and say "How could they let THAT error through their quality control?" I stare and stare and stare at the picture but I have NO IDEA what they are talking about, but they consider it obvious.

popdrome's recent upgrade of "Fly Away Home" is excellent, by the way. While I was clearly mocking that scene, I enjoyed the movie immensely! Thank you popdrome! I have not seen "Member of the Wedding" either, so I am looking forward to that.

We need to dig up a VHSrip of "Fly Away Home" to review how it used to look.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

Probably was mistaken, maybe not, I want that VHS rip to confirm lol :lol: We have spoken before Night in PM, and you are very in depth and understanding, and empathetic. There is no more to say, 100% that way you should be here :heart
Last edited by Rich_Visiting on Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.