[REL] American Fable (2016)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] American Fable (2016)

Post by kev »   26 likes

American Fable (2016)

Once again, searching for other films, I came across this quiet little gem. :heart

Synopsis:
When 11-year-old Gitty discovers that her beloved father is hiding a wealthy man in her family's silo in order to save their struggling farm, she is forced to choose between saving the man's life or protecting her family from the consequences of their actions. AMERICAN FABLE is a fairytale thriller set in the 1980s rural Midwest about a courageous girl living in a dark - sometimes magical - world.
Pix:
[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

Starring Peyton Kennedy in a powerhouse performance as Gitty!

I've seen the film, and I loved it! It's tough to watch at times and there's some stupid plot holes that you have to forgive the filmmakers for; but Peyton stole my heart. :heart :heart

She's not weird like a LOT of character's in movies like this are. She's just a lonely girl living in a very rural area, looking for something to believe in. Her relationship with the man she finds is heart-rending.. Gitty has to deal with some major 'family loyalty' issues that nearly rip her apart emotionally, but fear not.. :) (Oh... ...and there IS a very short, discreetly shot bath scene. Nothing really OT, but still... :heart )

(I'm not a boy-hater; but her brother is a sociopathic asshole!)

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.32 Gb]

For those of you NOT wanting a huge 3.3GB file, I got this from uloz.to and there are more links to choose from:
https://ulozto.cz/hledej?type=videos&q=American+Fable

(Have your hanky's and kleenex's ready for this one...)

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] American Fable (2016)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for finding this one kev!

A box of kleenex's will be ready before watching ;)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Thanks kev, although the reviews of this are very bad, I look forward to seeing Peyton. :thumbsup

Don't go quietly into the night.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

People need to see this, if they haven't already.. :think

(BUMP!)

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OK, you convinced me!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

kev wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:31 am People need to see this, if they haven't already.. :think

(BUMP!)

kev.
There would be more than a hundred movies for a bump.

But thanks for the reminder! ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:39 pm...There would be more than a hundred movies for a bump...
:lol:

Absolutely right, ghost. But since this was one of my personal [REL]'s that [after re-reading my review/synopsis] I felt deserved to be seen, I took it on myself to do the 'BUMP'in' thing... :P

Here's what I said in another similar thread:
kev wrote: :lol:

I don't know what it was about last night, but after I read Night's post in the 'Savages' thread I started searching around old posts and that lead me to some other [REL]'s I made years ago. After reading my own reviews about the films, I remembered how I had been pleasantly surprised by those movies. Noticing none of them had gotten much traction [1 or 2 responses, if any] I decided to unceremoniously 'BUMP' them for newer members that don't do a lot of searching through our vast archives..

Sometimes I get excited about certain movies. Hatching and Petite Maman are recent examples.. :heart

Anyway, if peeps haven't seen this one, and like the offbeat, I think they'd enjoy it.. :think

kev.
Well; MOST of it is a quote from another post of mine; I tweaked it a bit to fit THIS thread... ;)

kev.