Windows 10 Update Problems

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Windows 10 Update Problems

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:Happy that it has provided you with enjoyment in this difficult world. Don't worry I have the same issue with technology, at present my computer is in a perpetual loop of trying to install the latest Win 10 update, restarting, failing, trying to install, restarting, failing etc... :wall damn Windows 10 !
Run "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) as Administrator from a command prompt.
Run "chkdsk c: /f" (without the quotes) as Administrator from a command prompt. This will want a reboot.
Make sure all drivers are installed and up to date.
Disconnect whatever peripherals you can - USB drives, printers, external hard drives, etc. Leave the PC as bare-bones as possible.
Turn your antivirus and firewall OFF until the update completes.
If it asks if you want to install updates too, let it.

Believe me, I pull my hair out with these @(#*$&% Win10 updates - my organizations supports more than 30,000 computers and there are always hundreds that have problems with them.
Rich_Visiting wrote:Awesome !! Great work !! And I don't want to take any of the credit here, it's all thanks to you guys!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
The actual first logon was February 20, 2004, but you had to be building the board setup before that. You probably were up half the night getting everything working. :lol: