stopped downloads

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Sully23

stopped downloads

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Worth more than thousand ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶s̶ words

[Image]
Warg

Re: stopped downloads

Post by Warg »   0 likes

The first I would always try is to exit and restart eMule (maybe also your internet connection).
eMule says sources = 0 but you are connected to a server - so it's maybe a problem of the server. Try another server.
If none of them works add these servers to your server list (click "zu eMule hinzufügen") and try one of them: http://www.gruk.org/list.php ...
Sully23

Warg wrote:The first I would always try is to exit and restart eMule (maybe also your internet connection).
eMule says sources = 0 but you are connected to a server - so it's maybe a problem of the server. Try another server.
If none of them works add these servers to your server list (click "zu eMule hinzufügen") and try one of them: http://www.gruk.org/list.php ...
Thanks for the advice

The emule works well yesterday download 2 movies the problem in the image are old downloads have been stopped for a long time you see the one that has 2 sources but you see they are dead sources would suppose someone takes time does not open emule I suppose that is what happens some sources disappear
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

People usually don't share every file they have, first because they don't have the hard drive space, and second because their queue would get saturated and everone has to wait a LONG time to get to the head of the line. Speaking of which, your screenshot shows nobody downloading from you. This usually means you're not sharing anything anyone wants. The more that people download from you, the faster you'll move up in queues. eMule was designed that way - to encourage people not to just take, but to give back too.

It looks like you have HighID, which is good. Always try to use the server with the most people on it. Before clicking an ed2k link, click the "sources info" link to the right of it to see if ShortyPower sees any sources. If it says it can't find any, I probably wouldn't waste the time. Instead, click "Request selected files" to ask for a reshare. A lot of us look at that list from time to time and reshare what people ask for if we have it - I don't download everything that's released, and often don't download upgrades. Check that list yourself and reshare if you're able. Don't be discouraged if a file takes a LONG time to complete - I've had some in queue for more than a year before.

If all else fails, go the the film's thread and post a message asking for a reshare, but be reasonable - if you ask for 20 files, most people won't want to go to that much trouble and won't reshare any of them.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

Reshared Wif_bath & Wif_sau. Rest of it I haven't found yet.
Sully23

jezevex wrote:Reshared Wif_bath & Wif_sau. Rest of it I haven't found yet.
I saw the episode 'Bath' and it was frustrating, it just left me waiting to take off coat

Of other episodes such as 'Cheer' or 'P.E' I hope they are good
Terrysherry

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

This emule software has no Digital Signature. Is it okay?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Terrysherry wrote:This emule software has no Digital Signature. Is it okay?
I'm not sure what you're asking.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

I am not sure but Terrysherry probably are talking about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_signing
Terrysherry

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Terrysherry wrote:This emule software has no Digital Signature. Is it okay?
I'm not sure what you're asking.
When you check the properties of the software, there is a digital signature attached to it that confirms that it didn't get altered, any alteration with software invalidates the signature.

Example:[Image] [Image]

You can see there is digital signature tab in properties of Houdini but not in the emule's.