[REL] Jeanne (2019)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Jeanne (2019)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I prefer the message of Bill&Ted to the mean-spirited hostility of ERBoH. And the former (metal) is really more my style of music. I get tired of rap as comedy.

Some things are true ... from a certain point of view. ;)

I prefer fiction:
Spoiler:

If something is intended as a light entertainment, then there is no reason to expect a documentary. If something is clearly a fiction in a historical setting, I am fine with that too, because the point of the story is NOT a history lesson but rather something about the human condition. (Or something like that.) But if a movie is presented very seriously as a history lesson, it is just BEGGING for careful historical scrutiny. I can see people reasonably having problems with those kinds of movies. If I begin a movie and it starts out "This Film Is Based On A True Story" then I am immediately turned off, annoyed, and skeptical. I don't WANT a true story! I want a MADE UP story! I know you are going to lie to me anyway, so just be honest in your lies!
Long side tangent:
Spoiler:

On the subject of his massive tome "War and Peace", Wikipedia claims Tolstoy said it is "not a novel, even less is it a poem, and still less a historical chronicle". Large parts of it are about the Napoleonic invasion of Russia. How much of that gets the history right. I certainly do not know. When I ask myself that question seriously, I realize that neither do I care. I don't have any interest in Napoleon. I don't care about any wars from 200 years ago. I don't know anyone who lost a loved one in that war. If it had gone differently, all those people would still be dead. People have a wishful fantasy of dying peacefully in their sleep, but those who accomplish that are the rare exceptions. Most everyone dies in pain. At that point, truth and history no longer matter anyway. But the CHARACTERS in "War and Peace"? While I am alive, those I find interesting. As far as I am concerned, the young Natasha excited about going to her first grand ball is more important and interesting than that history stuff. We got one or two good movies out of that book, too. The movies had beautiful faces and big spectacle. And I still don't care about Napoleon, the historical personage.
On the topic of the movie "Jeanne" I wish I could say something about it other than that I remember the cute girl. I DO remember its predecessor, because it being a musical made it so glaringly stand out!
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:29 am I prefer the message of Bill&Ted

That's like saying: 5 year old like pizza better than vegetables
to the mean-spirited hostility of ERBoH.
Now it's my time to ask what that abbrev means..... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:16 pm That's like saying: 5 year old like pizza better than vegetables
You have perfectly pegged my maturity level. :mrgreen:
Now it's my time to ask what that abbrev means.....
You start a meandering discussion 9 months ago and expect me to remember NOW?? I don't even know what the hell I was going on about!! :lol:

I was referring to the second Spoiler in pillowbakers' post:
viewtopic.php?p=101276#p101276
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

at your age, i expect you to have total recall ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

:icon_old 5 years is just the emotional maturity level! I think I left the total recall behind in my chronological 20s.