[REL] His Dark Materials (2019) Tv Series

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] His Dark Materials (2019) Tv Series

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The ending of the latest episode really pisses me off - I have to wait a whole 'nother week to see what happens next. :lol:
Well, that's the nature of series ;) They want the viewer force to watch the next episode :oops:

But be sure: This thread will be continued...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
The ending of the latest episode really pisses me off - I have to wait a whole 'nother week to see what happens next. :lol:
Well, that's the nature of series ;) They want the viewer force to watch the next episode :oops:

But be sure: This thread will be continued...
It's not like they have to twist my arm, or anything. ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Bless you. I like this series. :D

I'll have to admit, I've had a VERY difficult time getting into this series.. I guess I'm not a big 'fantasy-genre' fan, but I REALLY wanted to love this series being that Dafne Keen, who played Laura Kinney / X-23 in 'Logan', was the central character. And I LOVED her in 'Logan'!!! :heart :heart :heart It took me to episode 4 before I started watching it with my undivided attention. :shock:

Part of the problem for me is some of the dialogue: It's hard for me to take a show seriously when adults are talking about a group of child-snatchers and they bandy about a name like 'Gobblers' [because they 'gobble-up' the children] to each other, and no one breaks out in a fit of laughter at the childishness of the name... (I guess it's the same problem I have trying to watch a 'Transformers' movie with all the characters talking about the planet 'Cybertron' and 'Autobots' and 'Decepticons' and throwing out names like 'Optimus Prime' and 'Megatron' like these all were serious, scary things to talk about...)

Then there's the 'Spy's Fly'... :roll: I felt like someone had switched the channel and I was watching a 'Spy Kids' movie...

I've never read the books and I'm thinking now that they are YA novels, so maybe some leeway should be given for some of the wording.. AND I know they are somewhat 'period' pieces set in some hybrid worlds that blend the fantasy elements.. :think

All in all, I'm ready for the next episode which should aire tomorrow night.. (I actually didn't get all that pissed at this weeks cliffhanger as I KNOW Lyra's going to be okay, and I like seeing her on her own, defending herself. She's one tuff little cookie!!) :heart

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I know she'll be okay - the series would end right here if she wasn't. :lol: I put off watching the first two episodes but I'm hooked now. Yeah, they use childish words, but that's part of the charm. Lyra's world is kind of Steampunk - I'd bet when they start crossing into other worlds (other than 21st century Earth) we'll start seeing other genres.
ghost
Site Admin

Sure Lyra will be fine again, but I am really exited what will happen to her now.. Really can't wait to the the next part tomorrow!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   9 likes

ghost
Site Admin

So... she's now Lyra Silvertongue ;)

Dafne is really a great talent. She's just doing an awesome acting!

Only one episode of season 1 left... :roll:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Woot! :dance
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   10 likes

Episode 8:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.98 Gb]

...Now we have to wait for season 2 :(
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

What a nice Christmas present, ghost. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!