[REL] La Traversée du phare (1999), Les inséparables (2001)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] La Traversée du phare (1999), Les inséparables (2001)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

In another thread, discussing the posting of subtitles:
David32441 wrote:But if you or anyone can find a way of posting "Inseperables" to the same site though. I can't seem to.
Phew, opensubtitles is torture. The trick with this one was turning OFF my adblockers so I would get the popup window that allowed me to add another movie, as Les inseparables (2001) was not in their database --- because this is the first subtitle for it!

The only reason I ever created an opensubtitles account in the first place was because on one occasion it forced me to do so to get the subtitles I wanted. (I never figured out why.) I was pissed off and chose a semi-obscene name (with completely obscene password), so I stayed logged out and posted this as Anonymous instead. That means I can not edit the post. Oh well. It was not long after I created the account that opensubtitles announced that it had been hacked and account information stolen. Hey, thanks guys! Glad I used a fake email to sign up!

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... arables-en

This is David32441's version 2 from January 11. Since I was uploading someone else's subtitles upon request, I only edited it slightly to remove mention in the explanatory text of a third-party, who may or may not wish to remain anonymous outside of FLM.

Now that there is a movie entry for this at opensubtitles, uploading revisions should be easier. And now that I have posted a subtitle for the first time there, I should be able to do so for other movies much more quickly!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Thanks Night for posting this! Glad that the work can be shared so the film can be enjoyed by non-french speakers!
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   2 likes

[MODERATOR note: this post now in BOTH threads.]

Thanks to Marseille and jeremys at TNT, we now have human-translated subtitles for Les inséparables (2001)!

Moderators: I wasn't sure which topic to post this on as there appears to be two for this film. Please move as appropriate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, DreamScape! :thumbsup

Most parts of the previous subs we had, were a pretty mess.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks very much for sharing these here, DreamScape! And thanks to Marseille and jeremys for their work, if they see this message. ;)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   2 likes

ghost wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:34 pm Thanks, DreamScape! :thumbsup

Most parts of the previous subs we had, were a pretty mess.
I'm sorry you thought my subtitles were so bad!
I admit they were poor in the first 2 minutes with the noise in the supermarket, the background music - but that was not most of the film.
Of course I checked to see how they compare on a line-by-line basis.
This comparison shows they were near spot on for most of the film. The new "French speaker" translation is on the left. My original is on the right. Wouldn't say "most are a pretty mess"!
Spoiler:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
Last edited by David32441 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

DreamScape wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:50 pm [MODERATOR note: this post now in BOTH threads.]

Thanks to Marseille and jeremys at TNT, we now have human-translated subtitles for Les inséparables (2001)!

Moderators: I wasn't sure which topic to post this on as there appears to be two for this film. Please move as appropriate.
The Next Thing? - I thought this would never happen - human translators - it had been 21 years! And it comes along only 9 months after my effort!
I recall this thread ended up with 2 titles as the 2 films are sequels to each other and we'd been talking about both so much in the same thread. I half assumed the other one had been closed / locked.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I hate it when someone calls me a banana. :icon_1dancingban
David32441 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:04 pm The Next Thing? - I thought this would never happen - human translators - it had been 21 years! And it comes along only 9 months after my effort!
I figure that your initial work may have helped provide the motivation for a native speaker to continue with it! :D

21 years is nothing. That does not even go back to the previous century. Many movies from around the turn of the millennium (before or after) get forgotten, although the late 1990s films seem to get it the worst.
I recall this thread ended up with 2 titles as the 2 films are sequels to each other and we'd been talking about both so much in the same thread. I half assumed the other one had been closed / locked.
This thread was a confusing mess for me and I never was sure which movie was being discussed! The other thread was just mostly abandoned because there was nothing to add to it for a long time.

I Modded a copy of the subtitles to the other thread because I have not given up on it!
goku33

Re: [REL] La Traversée du phare (1999)

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:38 pm
ferdi111 wrote:That translator app... did I understamd correctly that you used it somehow to make speech to text in French?
And if you had it, then translated it?
Yes, I translated the whole movie with it - dialogue to text. Just played through some good speakers with my phone 10cm away! Very impressed with it's AI. I did the first 600 lines with Google translator. Then went back over them with the Microsoft Translator app. Interestingly Microsoft app wrote **** for the few swear words while Google wrote the real swear words! The google translator was worse, in that sometimes it wrote swear words and other random words where I knew there were none!!!
We always got to remember who has been the biggest investor in OpenAI https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -in-openai

Also, many thanks David for all your subtitle efforts in this thread. Truly appreciated, you’re a legend!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

LOL IMDb review

[Image]