Where should we post random episodes from TV series?

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
emuler

Where should we post random episodes from TV series?

Post by emuler »   1 likes

If the TV series has children in significant roles, there's no problem, but what about other TV series where just a few episodes involve children? IMHO it isn't worth posting the whole series. Let's say a TV series which ran for several seasons has a couple of episodes that are FLM-worthy. Should we clutter up the forum with a separate post for each, or should there be a mega post in which all such episodes should be tossed?

We do have a few such posts. a great example being Tatort, but there are many more out there that haven't been posted yet.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Where should we post random episodes from TV series?

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

This is an excellent question. I probably think that because I have been wondering it myself. Of course I will be fine with whatever the mods decide, but if we are having a vote this is my preference:

Clutter up the forum with a separate thread for each TV series but not each individual episode, and only RELease episodes for the interesting ones - as seems to be the case with the Tatort series. I like that.

For example, this theoretical sample:

Board index>Releases (by Country)>United States
[REL] Friends (TV Series 1994–2004)

Hi all! I know you probably think this is just a moronic comedy show about spoiled urbanites, but this one great episode featured the nearly 10-year-old Dakota Fanning in a marvelous scene with Joey. Wasn't she cute then?
[Image]

In English without subtitles:
Friends S10E14 - The One with Princess Consuela (2004).mp4 [400Mb]

I think dumping all random TV episodes for all countries in one thread could get confusing, particularly for searching purposes, to see if it is already posted. If I have a great "Tatort" episode with kids, there is one place with a limited number of posts to look through. And doing a separate post for each episode would be even more confusing, as frequently for some series it can be difficult to find an episode title other than something like "Season 3 Episode 7".

My 2 cents.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Hmm that's a difficult question, because we already have posted many single episodes of many series over all these years.

I think, we don't need a change, but all episodes of one series should be posted in the same thread.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

I had previously published individual episodes such as Hawaii 5-0 where the beautiful Teilor Grubbs :heart :heart :heart

[Image]
participates or in other series but in reality they do not have so much prominence in the series just because they are extras, for that reason it no longer matters if the role is not the protagonist , the proposal is not bad since there are videos that do not belong to any category.
sifon773_lover

Post by sifon773_lover »   0 likes

Maybe open a Series categorie on the website?
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

If we go back to the Posting Guidelines, just because a child happens to appear in a film/tv show doesn't mean it's on-topic.
A film does not have to be primarily about children and they don't need to be the central characters, but they must be more than mere 'props'. In other words, if the children in a film could be removed without changing the plot or they're only shown for a minute or two, the movie probably isn't FLM material. In general, kids should have at least 10% screen-time.
If the child could be removed without changing the plot and has little screen time, the show is probably not on-topic. Of course, opinions vary. :)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I watch a lot of detective stuff. Usually there's a series cast, which usually stays around for the entire season. And then there's the episode cast, which is there for just one episode, maybe two, but the episode does revolve around them. So if an episode features a child, then in the context of that episode the child could have significant screen time, especially if it is a pivotal role.

In the context of the entire series, a couple of episodes is not significant. Even when the girl is a recurring character, like in The Profiler, where little Caitlin Wachs plays the main protagonist's daughter, that does not make it a series suitable for FLM.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Also, a child character could be essential to the plot but only appear for a minute or two onscreen, for instance as a murder victim in the first scene. She's gotta be there but she herself doesn't appear in the rest of the show. Most people can tell whether something on- or off-topic but they can always ask. Besides, other people will chime in if they think it doesn't belong.