[REL] Juste moi et toi (2019) [Canada]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
Rich_Visiting

[REL] Juste moi et toi (2019) [Canada]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   2 likes

[Image]

:heart
Eva (8 years old) and her father are doing a road trip Montreal-Mexico in a big 18-wheels truck.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9000364/

Full video on VIMEO...

https://vimeo.com/372978193
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Juste moi et toi (2019) [France]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   39 likes

Rich_Visiting

[REL] Just Me and You (2019)

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

Just Me and You (2019)
Eva (8 years old) and her father are doing a road trip Montreal-Mexico in a big 18-wheels truck.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9000364

:-)
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Juste moi et toi (2019) [Canada]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Did I miss it in April 2021? Thanks Rich.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Spoiler:

I was really scared that something bad would happen to the girl, ie., that she would be kidnapped or the father would do something bad to her, but at the end I was confused. I understood there was something about illegal immigrants.

IMDB wrote:Newcomer Dalia Binzare stars as 8 year old Eva. She's super excited to be headed to the beach with her father (Florin Peltea), even though her mom is staying home. Eva's a bit surprised that they are making the trip in her father's big rig - a rumbling 18-wheeler, but her anticipation of frolicking on the beach allows her to roll with it.

Their trip runs from Montreal to Mexico, and only a quick glimpse of the border wall clues us (not Eva) in to the real purpose of the trip. Well that, and a general awareness that few men would leave their wife home and drag their daughter across two countries just so the kid could build a sandcastle or look for turtles.

So what was the purpose of taking the daughter to the trip? I guess I'll have to watch it second time more carefully...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

My possible answer:
Spoiler:

mimzy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:10 pm So what was the purpose of taking the daughter to the trip? I guess I'll have to watch it second time more carefully...
I am going on what I vaguely remember from watching it probably over a year ago ...

Maybe to make it look to the authorities like it was just an innocent outing with his daughter and not a smuggling operation by some scoundrel?
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:44 am My possible answer:
Spoiler:

mimzy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:10 pm So what was the purpose of taking the daughter to the trip? I guess I'll have to watch it second time more carefully...
I am going on what I vaguely remember from watching it probably over a year ago ...

Maybe to make it look to the authorities like it was just an innocent outing with his daughter and not a smuggling operation by some scoundrel?
Spoiler:

It was a long trip and I was actually expecting the authorities to suspect something a la "Un confine incerto" in the first place, but maybe it was intentional to lead the autorities to wrong tracks.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Still spoiling the plot -
Spoiler:

mimzy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:05 am It was a long trip and I was actually expecting the authorities to suspect something a la "Un confine incerto" in the first place, but maybe it was intentional to lead the autorities to wrong tracks.
I don't remember what, but I was expecting SOMETHING terrible ...

Actually, I don't remember how it ended, so maybe I should watch it again!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

I love these daddy-daughter roadtrip movies! Thanks for the short, Rich and Phuzzy.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Thanks for the merge!
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:24 am I love these daddy-daughter roadtrip movies!
You could also try Amerikanskaya doch, it's been a long time since I watched it but I believe it would qualify as a road movie ;) ...

viewtopic.php?t=2205

Of course Alice in the Cities would be the most well known...

viewtopic.php?t=285

I also personally love the movie The Journey of Natty Gann, not a road movie because cars were not quite there yet, but a travel movie which for me has the same feel :heart ...

viewtopic.php?t=326