Anjos Proibidos

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Rich_Visiting

Anjos Proibidos

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Had a little free time tonight, so decided to take a look at what was around on the art scene. One photographic book I've been interested in for a long time is Fabio Cabral - Anjos Proibidos. It's a photo book similar to Hamilton I guess, mostly adolescent, but I had not seen anything from the book before. Found this link today, nothing very controversial, interesting work...

https://www.catawiki.es/l/11676769-fabi ... -proibidos

Quite the collectors item now! 8-)
kev
Site Admin

Re: Anjos Proibidos

Post by kev »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:Fabio Cabral - Anjos Proibidos. It's a photo book similar to Hamilton I guess, mostly adolescent, but I had not seen anything from the book before. Found this link today, nothing very controversial, interesting work...

Quite the collectors item now! 8-)
JESUS SQUEEZE-US! At 275 €, you betcha sweet li'l Bippy it is!!! :shock:

I've actually got the 8-1/2 x 11 paperback virgin of this one. Can't really hold a candle to Hamilton's style. (Or Jock Sturges, Sally Mann or Jan Saudek... [My personal faves] )

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another Hamilton-wannabe photobook that came out back in the late '70's was Innocence In the Mirror Hardcover – January 1, 1978.

[Image]

Available unbelievably inexpensive on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/c/4661429 :o

This photographer, Angelo Cozzi, had a tad more, umm; panache, stylistically.. :lol:

What a jaunt down memory lane... Thanks Rich!

kev.
Rich_Visiting

Haha glad I could amuse, I was genuinely interested in this photography for a long time, the preview pics at the link I gave were new to me but kind of disappointing (going by the front cover!) but still I was interested to see some insight. Interesting you have the paperback, but I agree, for me it has always been Mann :heart Was not aware of "Innocence".

I did do a quick search of FLM before I posted and it gave this thread...

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... =Proibidos

Not sure about "family nudes" :lol: but Childhood Streets also sounds interesting :think and Nishimura Rika (now that was a long time ago!) :shock:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I've seen nearly all the preview pics on the web at one time or another but never knew the source.
Rich_Visiting wrote:and Nishimura Rika (now that was a long time ago!)
...and Nozomi Kurahashi, Shiori Suwano, and dozens of others, I'm sure.:lol:
Rich_Visiting

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I've seen nearly all the preview pics on the web at one time or another but never knew the source.
Rich_Visiting wrote:and Nishimura Rika (now that was a long time ago!)
...and Nozomi Kurahashi, Shiori Suwano, and dozens of others, I'm sure.:lol:
:eyecrazy were those related to blackcat scans? No matter, very good memory! 8-) 8-)

A different time I guess, in terms of today’s standards I can safely say that they were fashion / art. And they were.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Blackcat? Not sure what that was. These were probably the most popular Japanese child 'stars' in that genre, but that was probably what, 40 years ago or more?
Rich_Visiting

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Blackcat? Not sure what that was. These were probably the most popular Japanese child 'stars' in that genre, but that was probably what, 40 years ago or more?
Ha well now I feel old :lol: Blackcat was like swimsuits and some nudes, but yes it would be 40 years ago now :shock: I guess it would be kind of interesting to cross ref the photos to the child stars, but it was so long ago. I was not aware of the TV element :oops: :lol:
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:... but Childhood Streets also sounds interesting....
I've got a few of the Graham Ovenden books too; his most notorious [A-o-L: Cost me a pretty penny-$$$] and 'Childhood Streets' among them. I'll have to admit being a little disappointed with '..Streets'. His artwork far surpasses his photographic abilities. His photographs were more photo-journalistic in style.. But to each their own... :think

Geeze... I gotta get to bed.. After 2AM my time.. Stop talking about sh*t that I'm interested in !!!!!! :lol:

kev.
Rich_Visiting

Pretty amazing to me tbh, I had never considered photo albums, and the only experience I have of them is finding my Dad's Madonna Sex photobook :shock:

It's good to catch up with you. Don't worry it's 7am here and still not gone bed yet, thanks to corona I'm now a nocturnal alcoholic :blush :onfire
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:I was not aware of the TV element
No TV as far as I know - that's not the genre I meant. In Japan, it was (is?) tolerated but not openly discussed, but they had fan clubs. I haven't seen any of those for a decade. Completely tame, no prurient content other than the nudity. More a showcase for beautiful girls than anything, I think, but they'd be 100% off-topic to show or link to on FLM.