403 Forbidden nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

The past few days I have been getting the error

when in Firefox I try to access

Code: Select all

https://www.first-loves.net/ 
or

THAT SAME ADDRESS WITH DOT COM instead, which I can not even put here in code.  It just reverts to .net when I check the Preview.  Huh?
FLM worked for awhile in Chrome, but then shortly after I got the same error there also. I am currently accessing FLM in Edge. (I am running out of browsers.) Any Google searches on these errors seem to be aimed at server and website hosts. Either way I have no idea what they are talking about, ha ha!

Is this just me, or is this an issue with FLM? Will it spread to the Edge browser also? Is there another workaround?

I hope I can access the site later to see if anyone has any answers ... I am not sure I want to install Opera.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: 403 Forbidden nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I don't have any problems with Chrome.

Any other members with the same issues?
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: am running out of browsers.
Are you sure? https://www.rankred.com/alternative-web-browsers/ :lol:

Well, I have not that problem. At the moment I'm using Opera to try something new after a long time Safari User. Not sure if I will stay there, but well...

Firefox disturbing me with all the tiny updates and if you using some plugins, the will update to and often the updates will open tabs to inform you that something is updated now. So... If you need an overkill of Update Notes, Firefox is the first choice I think.

Sometimes I miss the past and wished, Netscape would be back :roll:
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

:lol: :lol: OK, Mr. Smartypants, let me say I am running out of INSTALLED browsers. If one fails entirely, I have to have backup browsers already installed to look online for solutions. And if it fails for just one site, I can immediately switch to another without delay.

You are right about annoying Firefox update notifications! Fortunately I only have a few add-ons: Ad-Blockers.

If no one else is encountering this problem, then I have some serious browser problems. Of course it is possible that some members see the error in their favorite browser and then give up, figuring it is just a temporary site problem -- so they are not here to report it. With FLM being my favorite site, and my SECOND favorite site having been down for over a week, I am highly motivated to keep connected to FLM!

Thank you guys for the feedback! I am still on the "Edge" for FLM.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I really don't know, why you're getting this error, Nighty.

I'm on google chrome and I don't get any errors at all.

The forum software got updated some days before. I guess this could be the reason.

I am sure, mimzy (tech admin) will take a closer look at your problem, as soon as he will be around.
Night457
Global Moderator

If anyone has an idea, it would be mimzy. I thought maybe it was the forum update ... but it would have to affect more than just me. In the meantime I will use Edge, although I am finding I HATES IT!! It keeps exiting while I type a reply, and I do not know why. Maybe I have keyboard problems too ... everything is falling apart ...
Night457
Global Moderator

:icon_roll2 :icon_roll2 :icon_roll2

I just logged off then tried logging in again, and got the same error in Edge!!

Now I am using Internet Explorer. If I suddenly disappear entirely with no more rambling posts, that means I have no more browsers that don't give the same error. Just in case, I'll say NOW, "Thanks for all the wonderful movies, guys. I have had a great time here. Maybe someday I will get a complete hardware and software redo and return!"
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:The past few days I have been getting the error

I think for some reason you hit the rule that is intended to block bots when they access the site too fast. I've had this for years, but maybe after the software upgrade it behaves differently. On the other hand, It is strange that myself and other users haven't noticed this. I deactivated the rule for now. I'm really sorry that it caused problems :(
Night457 wrote:THAT SAME ADDRESS WITH DOT COM instead, which I can not even put here in code. It just reverts to .net when I check the Preview. Huh?
That is a feature, not a bug ;) If you use the .net domain, then any .com links are changed to .net to keep you in the same domain. Unfortunately the

tag is not taken into account.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

I got that error for four or five hours, don't know exactly since I just decided to wait till later in the evening and try again. It's working now (although my saved username and password were wiped from Firefox and I had to re-enter them). Weird. I thought perhaps the site had been taken down. None of our content is illegal - but government agencies can always put pressure on hosting services to drop content they don't like.

I didn't change browsers or do anything else to "fix" the problem so I'm guessing the issue is on the server side. Hopefully it won't keep happening. By the way, is there a place to go for news if the site ever does get taken down? Just curious.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

deadman wrote:I got that error for four or five hours, don't know exactly since I just decided to wait till later in the evening and try again.
OK, then it's clear that it was a bug on the server side, even though it is strange that only some users were affected. I won't activate the rule again until I manage to figure out what went wrong exactly.
deadman wrote:It's working now (although my saved username and password were wiped from Firefox and I had to re-enter them). Weird.
Probably it is because of different domain. If you used .com.ua before, it is now redirected to .com.
deadman wrote:By the way, is there a place to go for news if the site ever does get taken down? Just curious.
Not really. There used to be a Twitter account, but it was closed. I think rarefilmfinder has a forum, so maybe we could spread the word there.