Some eMule servers died

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
emuler

Some eMule servers died

Post by emuler »   0 likes

The following servers are showing dead for me:
eMule Security No1
eDonkey Server No1
eDonkey Server No2

There is another server now - eMule Security - which is working for me.
Sharing-Devils No.1 connects, but my eMule just sits idle. No uploads for hours.
Please suggest better servers.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: Some eMule servers died

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, I noticed this too.
I am on eMule Security now and its working fine.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

The eMule Security No2 Server was originally supposed to be a replacement for eMule Security No1, and they have finally done that and now just call it "eMule Security", which ought (we hope) to have the combined capabilities of the 2 that have been eliminated.

Information here & posts following in Spanish - use Chrome to translate the page:
https://forum.emule-project.net/index.p ... &p=1105368

I have not been able to find ANY info on what happened to "eDonkey Server No1 & eDonkey Server No2". They do not load when I use the Update server.met link:
http://upd.emule-security.org/server.met

I certainly wish I could make suggestions, but I know darn well you are way more expert at all things eMule than I am. You say that eMule Security is working for you? How well? You say that you have "no uploads", which I assume means no one is getting any from you. I have searched some of your posts and added some of your files, but I am not sure whether I am getting any of it from you or from others instead. (See my PM.) Are you able to DOWNLOAD anything from anyone? Have you tried just experimentally picking something from known HighID uploaders, like ghost?
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:The eMule Security No2 Server was originally supposed to be a replacement for eMule Security No1, and they have finally done that and now just call it "eMule Security", which ought (we hope) to have the combined capabilities of the 2 that have been eliminated.
You can always try the emule-security server list, there are still a whole bunch there. Maybe Poor-eServer-1 and Poor-eServer-2 are the replacements for eDonkey Server No1 and eDonkey Server No2, who knows?
Night457
Global Moderator

You may be right on that, I realize now that those two are new to me. They loaded in my list from the Update link I posted. You would think that they would document this sort of change somewhere, even if only in a user help forum. But - nothing.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

What I can say is that I have been with the downloads stopped for weeks and files like The Lion and the Brave Mouse (2014) and Ekskursante (2013). nothing that starts
Night457
Global Moderator

Sully23 wrote:What I can say is that I have been with the downloads stopped for weeks and files like The Lion and the Brave Mouse (2014) and Ekskursante (2013). nothing that starts
I can confirm that at the moment I can see two HighID users sharing ghost's 2018 version of "Ekskursante (2013).1080p.5.1.HDTV.mkv" at 100%. (And one of them is ghost.) Are you connected to them yet? It looks like some folks are coming to your rescue.

At the moment for "The Lion and the Brave Mouse" I only see partial sources.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I remember the days, many years ago, when we would treat every new ed2k server with suspicion that they had been set up by the anti-piracy and other hostile entities for the purpose of collecting data for further prosecution. The server you connect to knows your IP address, your userhash, your shared files, your downloaded files, your searches... Has our thinking changed? Are we not suspicious any more?
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote:Has our thinking changed? Are we not suspicious any more?
Some of us are.

The past few weeks there have been 2 users (possibly the same one re-named) who have been emuling from me DOZENS of my shared files, one at a time. As far as I know, I am the only 100% sharer for most of these files, and it does not appear as if they have completed any of them. I have pretty low bandwidth.

Either someone loads dozens of files in their queue at the same time and does not worry if it will take a looooooong time to get even one complete, or FBI guys are collecting data to prepare for hauling me away. Having spent quite a bit of time the past two months with [REL] Un confine incerto (2019), I like to reassure myself that they have MUCH more important perps to go after than miserable poverty-stricken copyright violators. But that has never stopped cops from picking on easy targets.

I have also noticed some long-time users disappearing from here lately. If they are just tired of FLM that is fine and I wish them well. (But will be glad if they come back.) I certainly hope that they are not ill. My paranoid side, however, wonders if FBI or Interpol has locked them up!

When you and kev have disappeared for weeks at a time, I worried we had suffered more losses. I was glad to see you both return.
yoko

Post by yoko »   3 likes

Night457 wrote:The past few weeks there have been 2 users (possibly the same one re-named) who have been emuling from me DOZENS of my shared files, one at a time. As far as I know, I am the only 100% sharer for most of these files, and it does not appear as if they have completed any of them. I have pretty low bandwidth.

Either someone loads dozens of files in their queue at the same time and does not worry if it will take a looooooong time to get even one complete, or FBI guys are collecting data to prepare for hauling me away.
That could be me. I've been offline for a couple of years (not locked up by FBI or Interpol or anything, just busy and having some personal issues) and now I'm trying to catch up, but either my eMule client does not work properly or my ISP is blocking/throttling eMule connections. Basically downloads just stop after short time, even though the files are available. After some time, my client tries to download another file from the same user and the same thing repeats. So indeed I have lots of incomplete files that are downloading very slowly. And yes, I like to change my nick from time to time, just for fun :P
Night457 wrote:My paranoid side, however, wonders if FBI or Interpol has locked them up!
That's too paranoid IMO. Some users just got married and others are too busy with studies or work.
emuler wrote:I remember the days, many years ago, when we would treat every new ed2k server with suspicion that they had been set up by the anti-piracy and other hostile entities for the purpose of collecting data for further prosecution. The server you connect to knows your IP address, your userhash, your shared files, your downloaded files, your searches...
In fact, I never use eMule search, but only download files that have been posted by trusted FLM members.