[REL] Verbotene Liebe (1989)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Verbotene Liebe (1989)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

so we could determine whether @reptile‘s uloz 1080p.WEB-DL originates from there or elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure, that the source is from Amazon Prime Video. There isn't any TV logo, even not a "removed one". I guess it's a rencode.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:24 pm
so we could determine whether @reptile‘s uloz 1080p.WEB-DL originates from there or elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure, that the source is from Amazon Prime Video. There isn't any TV logo, even not a "removed one". I guess it's a rencode.
Most likely the case.

One interesting observation: German tv networks ARD (or in this case MDR) apparently always watermark their videos with the channel logo but the audio description version (for blind people) of the same video is not watermarked:

Example "Die Traumfabrik" Movie

Regular film:
https://odgeomdr-a.akamaihd.net/mp4dyn2 ... 727_c0.mp4

Audio Description Version:
https://odgeomdr-a.akamaihd.net/mp4dyn2 ... 727_15.mp4

The filesize Of this example Film is fairly large at 3.25 GB. I remember a couple years ago many films existed only in 720p/1.5GB on the Mediathek website. Now they often also got 1080p and if I remember correctly even some of the live streams are 1080p nowadays.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

One interesting observation: German tv networks ARD (or in this case MDR) apparently always watermark their videos with the channel logo but the audio description version (for blind people) of the same video is not watermarked:
I think they just forgot to add the logo in the second version. Normally there's always one.
But I never looked at audio description videos before.
goku33

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:47 pm
I think they just forgot to add the logo in the second version. Normally there's always one.
But I never looked at audio description videos before.
Maybe they changed it recently or it just depends on productions rights/licensing (no logo when it’s their own production)
Another audio description version, no logo: https://odmdr-a.akamaihd.net/mp4dyn2/3/ ... 727_30.mp4
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Wow goku, thanks for that tidbit! Now I may need to start downloading at least two versions, one for the original audio and one for the original unwatermarked video. Damn, I wish I knew that a few days ago when I downloaded about 20Gb worth from ardmediathek, and some of them I noticed had audio descriptive versions... I will have to look and compare.
goku33

Night457 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:10 pm Wow goku, thanks for that tidbit! Now I may need to start downloading at least two versions, one for the original audio and one for the original unwatermarked video. Damn, I wish I knew that a few days ago when I downloaded about 20Gb worth from ardmediathek, and some of them I noticed had audio descriptive versions... I will have to look and compare.
To be honest today is the first time I noticed this as well. Now we gotta check if the versions match 100% when muxed together..

Exit: it’s most likely like ghost said not standard. „Hans im Glück“ both versions include logo:

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/Y3JpZ ... 0tZ2x1ZWNr

Regular: https://rbbmediapmdp-a.akamaihd.net/con ... -6500k.mp4

Audio Description: https://rbbmediapmdp-a.akamaihd.net/con ... vc1080.mp4

And in that case the audio description version also only exists as a 1.83 GB file where the regular one sits at 2.72 GB
Night457
Global Moderator

Tech nerdery
Spoiler:

goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:27 pm To be honest today is the first time I noticed this as well. Now we gotta check if the versions match 100% when muxed together..
I have noticed when I download two different audio versions (German and French, usually) from ARDM that the video is the "same", so the timing would be the same. Although SOMETIMES they have different closing credit languages. Recently I got one that had the original audio with hardcoded subtitles, and the other video had dubbed audio and no subtitles. Otherwise they are the same. I will remux them so that I have a clean version with original audio. (I can't read the French hard subtitles anyway, so I would rather do without any subtitles at all.)

I would think it would be easier and less server-space-intensive for a streaming site to upload a single video, with the selectable audio and subtitle options as separate files. Instead they have a separate video file for each audio option, and sometimes the subtitles are separate or sometimes they are hardcoded into yet another video. They could have different playback defaults based on the region, so the .fr site would default to French-friendly options and the .de site would default to German-friendly options. And EVERYONE could choose original audio without subtitles if that is what they wanted! My understanding is that many Europeans know more than one language anyway.
And in that case the audio description version also only exists as a 1.83 GB file where the regular one sits at 2.72 GB
That is an abomination! They don't subject the blind people to watermarks, but they give them lower quality video to watch!

Seriously now, I am not being entirely waggish. Visually-impaired people will benefit from audio descriptive services, but if they have some eyesight they will also benefit from the best video quality possible. It must be crystal clear BEFORE their eyeballs make it blurry, right?
goku33

Night457 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:18 pm

Yes, the French/German productions you’re talking about on ARD come from ARTE (German/French collaboration tv channel).

ARD indeed hosts films like this:

1) German Audio + German soft VTT subtitles
2) German Audio + German hardcoded (yellow) subtitles
3) French Audio + French soft VTT subtitles
4) French Audio + French Hardcoded (yellow) subtitles

Let me know the one you want to mix and I will find you the file with the original audio + soft subs.
Night457
Global Moderator

More of my drivel
Spoiler:

goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:40 pm Let me know the one you want to mix and I will find you the file with the original audio + soft subs.
Thank you but I have the files already! It was in the process of downloading them that I saw exactly what all the options were. I never watch anything streaming. If it looks interesting I download it, usually right away. For ARDM I have to machine-translate the external German or French subtitles to English anyway.

It is just that when I spend 6 hours a day reading and posting at FLM and searching out movies, and 4 hours a day setting up the actual downloads and saving them to an external drive, I no longer have time to remux! So the files get set aside until later.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Maybe we'll talk about the movie again on page 10... :lol: